• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dovetail to Picatinny base

Maelstrom

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2007
Southern Maryland
I just recently picked up a Rossi Gallery pump .22lr. I can't get it to shoot better that 5 1/2" high with the factory Buckhorn sight. I was only shooting at 25 yards. It has the rimfire dovetail groove on top of the receiver. Rossi makes a plastic picatinny base that will fit it but I would rather get a metal base over the plastic. Does anyone know of a metal dovetail to picatinny base for a rimfire rifle?

The dovetail is there for scope rings. A pic rail is redundant and will look dumb.
My plan is for this to be a plinker/squirrel/fun gun that eventually my son will learn to shoot when he gets big enough. I have a Sig Romeo red dot sitting in the safe collecting dust right now thanks to work. I thought I might try it out on the rifle just for fun since the iron sights are hitting so high.

Reactions: Haney
I thought they made one but could not find it on their website when I was looking today.

IMG_7495.jpeg

I’ll keep looking for the dovetail to picatinny I know I had/have one

Last edited:
The dovetail is there for scope rings. A pic rail is redundant and will look dumb.
Hard to mount weaver/pic rings to a 3/8" dovetail . Looking dumb ?

My plan is for this to be a plinker/squirrel/fun gun that eventually my son will learn to shoot when he gets big enough. I have a Sig Romeo red dot sitting in the safe collecting dust right now thanks to work. I thought I might try it out on the rifle just for fun since the iron sights are hitting so high.
Romeo what?

If it's a Romeo 5, it uses the Aimpoint Micro footprint and Aimpoint makes a very low Micro mount for 11 mm dovetails. Thats how i have my Romeo 5 mounted to my CZ 452.

It's not an exact fit to a 3/8 dovetail but it should work good enough.

Reactions: Pomyluy
I make pic rails on the regular at the shop. Once you add the 22 rail adapter and the scope how high is it going to be? Have you added those things together to see if it is going to be practically feasible? This may be a concern when considering that a boy will have a smaller head and lower line of sight.

Reactions: 308pirate
Romeo what?

If it's a Romeo 5, it uses the Aimpoint Micro footprint and Aimpoint makes a very low Micro mount for 11 mm dovetails. Thats how i have my Romeo 5 mounted to my CZ 452.

It's not an exact fit to a 3/8 dovetail but it should it is the Romeo 5.
Thanks for the heads up in the Aimpoint mount. I will look into that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 308pirate
I make pic rails on the regular at the shop. Once you add the 22 rail adapter and the scope how high is it going to be? Have you added those things together to see if it is going to be practically feasible? This may be a concern when considering that a boy will have a smaller head and lower line of sight.
Good point. I didn't think about that. I may see if I can find a taller front sight instead.

Reactions: mtrmn