• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dow chemical plant explosion last night in Louisianna

Sabotage (probable) vs. New workers - if you understood the influx here you would "get it" - and they are getting the jobs.
Oh I get it, and live about 25 miles from Dow's HQ.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to say about it, which alphabet soup was behind it...

Oh I get it, and live about 25 miles from Dow's HQ.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to say about it, which alphabet soup was behind it...

99% chance sabotage (esp. w/six explosions), 1% chance ESL workers fresh from Pedopeters open border.

I do think about the latter. I had recently had multiple poor customer service encoutners in which the individual couldn't assist, but instead of forwarding to supervisor they would intentionally hang-up or disconnect.

What is in the works in Washington .
Pedo Joe indictment.
Hunter indictment.
Ukraine puppet talking shit about America from his Billion dollar mansion .
Whatcha thankin ?

Reactions: Mwalex
99% chance sabotage (esp. w/six explosions), 1% chance ESL workers fresh from Pedopeters open border.

I do think about the latter. I had recently had multiple poor customer service encoutners in which the individual couldn't assist, but instead of forwarding to supervisor they would intentionally hang-up or disconnect.
That was my 1st thought, but which alpha did the sabotage?

Reactions: UKDslayer
ah no problem it's in no way all the terrorist being alowed into the country via the southern boarder . and if it was our government would tell us and keep us as citizens safe ( like hell they would ) . yea it was only swamp gas , yes swamp gas being released

They say nothing hazardous is in the air, but if you live nearby stay indoors and shut off your AC.
Then they can roast to death inside, because outside, it's 95°F and 50% humidity.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Maggot
Yet another totally coincidental explosion at a commercial facility...

Attachments

• 1689251709370167.gif
    1689251709370167.gif
    432.8 KB · Views: 27
EO is typically used to make MEG mono ethylene glycol which is used more for fabrics in clothing than anti freeze. I haven't been in that plant since my late 20s (now in late 50s) but they were mostly a standard chemical plant. Multiple explosions is usually bleve's ( boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion) of surrounding equipment once the fire starts and you can't cool the surrounding equipment the vessels and drums filled with liquid hydrocarbon boil and expand till they pop. I don't see any water being put on anything in any of the videos. You don't usually put out a fire like that you isolate the source cool surrounding equipment and let it burn itself out. Putting out the fire is sometimes worse depending on what it is.

EO is typically used to make MEG mono ethylene glycol which is used more for fabrics in clothing than anti freeze. I haven't been in that plant since my late 20s (now in late 50s) but they were mostly a standard chemical plant. Multiple explosions is usually bleve's ( boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion) of surrounding equipment once the fire starts and you can't cool the surrounding equipment the vessels and drums filled with liquid hydrocarbon boil and expand till they pop. I don't see any water being put on anything in any of the videos. You don't usually put out a fire like that you isolate the source cool surrounding equipment and let it burn itself out. Putting out the fire is sometimes worse depending on what it is.

That is but one use for it. Ethylene oxide is used in a lot of chemical reactions for making surfactants, emulsifiers, demulsifiers, ethoxylated amines, polymers, various glycol ethers etc.

Most people do not work with these chemicals but everyone knows what anti-freeze is. Ethylene oxide is a very important raw material for making a lot of chemicals that touch a lot of different industries.

Reactions: XP1K
EO is used as intermediate to mfg tons of other products. Dow is the largest chemical company worldwide. Expect chemicals, consumers goods to become short and price increases.

Reactions: mtrmn
Finally some who knows something.

Reactions: SDBguy95
Finally some who knows something

They’d shit if they knew how often these fires happen.

I suppose that is why Louisiana, so disliked and so criticized by the rest of nation is still tolerated. We are the one state brave enough (or stupid enough) to make the chemicals the rest of the world can’t live without.

And yes Virginia, there is more to Louisiana than the stinking sink hole called New Orleans.

EtO is also widely used for sterilizing medical devices. EPA and Ecotards have been on the legal warpath shutting down EtO plants. When a big plant like Dow goes down, there's little to no cushion.

They are about to start or may have just started a big turnaround in that plant. The company I work for has a part in it. Several friends of mine are dispatched to that job already. My dad and my brother were on the list to go but got pulled off last minute.

I've messaged a couple of the guys that are supposed to be down there but haven't heard anything out of them yet.