• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Down to 3 scope?

Doeboy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2012
In the D
Narrowed down to 3 scope which you chose and why? I'm going to put this on a 5R/308, shooting 100-500yds for now and hunting too. Bush/ele 10X40 mil-mil, weaver tac 3-10-44 mil-mil, last SWFA SS12X44 mil-quads.

Re: Down to 3 scope?

Always go for an adjustable. I thought I would like the simplicity of a fixed but conditions change, and its nice to have the functionality available.

Hunting you say? Weaver 3-10x40 would get the nod from me; it is very bright and has great field of view which both fixed powered scopes will seriously lack.

Only downfall to this scope IMO is a lack of elevation (13.5mil); should be fine at 500yd without one but a 20MOA base would help should you want to stretch out further.

Yep, another vote for variable. 10x may be too much in certain instances. I like to go as low as 3x or 4x on a hunting scope. Maybe go back and find 3 variable scopes then make a decision from there.