• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Downloading Coldbore to phone

Wildfire1550

Private
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2012
Arizona
My windows phone is a Lumia 520 running 8.1. Windows will not allow anything below windows 10 to access the app store anymore! Anyone aware of a work around? I appreciate it

My windows phone is a Lumia 520 running 8.1. Windows will not allow anything below windows 10 to access the app store anymore! Anyone aware of a work around? I appreciate it
Try this to check if your phone can be upgraded to Win 10

Can u put an SD card in that phone?

Eta.....according to its specs it takes a micro sdxc card as well as internal memory. Download it a card and run it from there. No need to use Microsoft store that way

Last edited:
Have you reached out to Gus thorough the customer service email? He is super responsive.

I have but not heard back, also having trouble getting it on my trimble
Which Trimble?

Putting it on my NOMAD was a bear because Windows 10 dropped support. It was a long process to determine how to do it. I can see if I wrote the procedure down in a pad. I usually do

Which Trimble?

Putting it on my NOMAD was a bear because Windows 10 dropped support. It was a long process to determine how to do it. I can see if I wrote the procedure down in a pad. I usually do
It is a 900, I appreciate the help. This is definitely turning out to be more work than I thought!

It is a 900, I appreciate the help. This is definitely turning out to be more work than I thought!
I am not familiar with the 900 but it looks newer vintage than the NOMAD. If you are using Windows 10, let me know and I can send you the sequence and app notes to get the NOMAD working. I am not sure how the 900 works. Can you connect the 900 to Windows 10?

I am not familiar with the 900 but it looks newer vintage than the NOMAD. If you are using Windows 10, let me know and I can send you the sequence and app notes to get the NOMAD working. I am not sure how the 900 works. Can you connect the 900 to Windows 10?
I think you can't connect to Windows 10, but I read about a workaround from Trimble.

I think you can't connect to Windows 10, but I read about a workaround from Trimble.
I have the process. It has nothing to do with Trimble. Microsoft dropped support for Windows CE devices with Win10 and that is the issue. There is a workaround but it is a PITA. However, it works and you only have to do it once.

Maybe I should put it up on the resource area

Reactions: LastShot300
I have the process. It has nothing to do with Trimble. Microsoft dropped support for Windows CE devices with Win10 and that is the issue. There is a workaround but it is a PITA. However, it works and you only have to do it once.

Good idea(y)

Do you think you could post it? This is driving me nuts

So with all these issues you guys are having. What is the phone to buy so you can just download coldbore?

Do you think you could post it? This is driving me nuts

I just posted everything in the resource section

Good luck and please read and re-read EVERYTHING to ensure you understand. I would not immediately perform the Registry updates. Try just the NET framework stuff first. Hopefully that will work.

BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU START

So with all these issues you guys are having. What is the phone to buy so you can just download coldbore?
You'll be on the safe side with a Nokia Lumia, just make sure it's loaded with the latest Windows 10 update

not to highjack this thread but are there any videos out there showing the interface for cold bore or anything similar? tried checking youtube but couldn't find anything.