• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns DP Custom Works slide cuts 🤌💯

clcustom1911

Muppet Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 23, 2017
    The River in Arizona
    So I sent off my Glock 45 and CZ P10c slides to DP Custom Works ( https://www.dpcustomworksllc.com/ ) to get cut for RMRcc's. Was quoted a 3 week turnaround and that's exactly what happened. The RMRcc fits perfectly. I'd be shocked if there was more than 0.002" play.

Best part was $75 for the cut, and $75 for the suppressor height sights.

16999898411113251900465780104516.jpg

16999898671696162085549315195524.jpg

16999899646974841234724272927639.jpg

I'm taking the slides today to a local cerakote shop to have them done in graphite black.

I'll definitely be sending my other slides to this place 🤘🤘

So I sent off my Glock 45 and CZ P10c slides to DP Custom Works ( https://www.dpcustomworksllc.com/ ) to get cut for RMRcc's. Was quoted a 3 week turnaround and that's exactly what happened. The RMRcc fits perfectly. I'd be shocked if there was more than 0.002" play.

Best part was $75 for the cut, and $75 for the suppressor height sights.

View attachment 8272086
    View attachment 8272088

View attachment 8272089

I'm taking the slides today to a local cerakote shop to have them done in graphite black.

I'll definitely be sending my other slides to this place 🤘🤘

I have a Glock 17 and a CZ P-09 with optic cuts done by him. All excellent work.

Reactions: clcustom1911
    Once these two slides get back from cerakote, I'm gonna send my P07 and P09 to him. It's excellent work.

If you plan on using an SRO on either I recommend you don't use any rear sights at all or, if you must, have a glock dovetail cut as far back as possible.

Otherwise the front of the optic will overhang the ejection port.

Reactions: clcustom1911
    Just curious- how do you know how much material can be safely removed from a slide without risking catastrophic failure? Just thinking about problems they had with Berettas a while back.

Just curious- how do you know how much material can be safely removed from a slide without risking catastrophic failure? Just thinking about problems they had with Berettas a while back.
    Most all pistols have way more steel in their slides than the Beretta 92.

The design of the 92 slide has more points that can become stress risers (leading to cracks) IF they are machined incorrectly.

If milling slides for reflex sights caused slides to fail we would have collectively heard about it by now.

All of the dumb slide lightening cuts that customizers do are far more likely to crack a slide than a relatively shallow sight cut for two reasons: higher slide speed due to less mass and so many new corners that can become stress risers if not radiused enough.

I guess I am assuming more engineering in those slides than they need/have. Thanks.

Let me give you a for instance: the steel removed from the slide by CZ for their Shadow 2 and P-10 OEM optic plate system is actually a little more than what is removed by aftermarket companies to direct-mount optics on the non-optic ready versions of the Shadow 2 and P-10.

USPSA Carry Optics division (where optics have to be slide-mounted) has been a thing since 2016 and has been the overwhelmingly most popular division in the sport since 2021. I'd guestimate that at least 60-70% of the pistols used are milled for optics after purchase. If any of those modifications had caused a slide to crack the word would have spread by now. It hasn't.

This is a non-issue.