• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS 308 24" BB which Geissele Trigger?

cerralvo78

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2013
Houston texas
I have been reading, researching and I do not know which Geissele Trigger to buy for my DPMS 308 24"

I have only shoot this gun up to 100 yards....and it is real good .75 to .50 MOA all day long
eventually i want to get into longer ranges up to 800 yards....

but i want a new trigger because the stock one i do not like:mad:

i have narrow it down to the Geissele SSA or Geissele DMR

please help me.........

thanks

I have the DMR on my DPMS 24" and love it. You can adjust it light for the bench or heavier for other shooting activities.

I have the Geissele DMR in my MK12 clone. Love it. It is my understanding that while the DMR and SSA-E both have great trigger pulls, I believe the lock-time on the DMR is faster. The DMR is adjustable. The SSA-E is not adjustable.

Went to the 100 yard range yesterday to sight in my new scope. The first two shots were close and after a few scope adjustments, the next four were on the money. That's a 3/8" four shot group.

Attachments

• IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Thanks for the info!!
I never put the kind of shooting I will be doing..... Mainly I will be doing long range precision shooting and occasionally hunting from a stand/deer blind

Also in kind if new to this.... I have been shooting for about a year a mini14 and I have about 200 rounds on my dpms 308 24" bb

Would the SSA (not the SSA-e) be better for me because of my experience or should I just go with the ssa-e or dmr??
I am about to order today but it is a hard decision

Would the SSA (not the SSA-e) be better for me because of my experience or should I just go with the ssa-e or dmr??
I am about to order today but it is a hard decision

The SSA will be miles ahead of the factory trigger for you in my opinion. I use mine on my coyote rifle with great success. I know the price is a hard pill to swallow but once you feel the difference you'll know you made a good choice.

I've never used the DMR but the difference between the SSA and SSA-E felt very minor. I chose the SSA-E, but that was just out of preference between shooting both and deciding.

Maybe someone who has shot the SSA, SSA-E and DMR can chime in on their preference between the three.

I put a SSA-E in my 24" LR308. I debated between the SSA-E and the DMR and finally decided to go the cheaper and non-adjustable route with the SSA-E.

I just found that I have on my 308
DPMS a Two-Stage Trigger Group

And that what I tough was slag or play was really the 1.75lbs first stage and the second stage is set 4.5lbs -5.5lbs

Now the main reason I'm buying a new trigger is because the stock one has a heavy pull and another main reason today I was at the range and the hammer was sticking while shooting ... I had to pry out(almost no force at all) with a small screwdriver....so the hammer could strike
Did it three times and on the fourth one the hammer broke!!!!:mad:
Looks to me that the hammer was all ready crack
image.jpgimage-2.jpg

i just bought this rifle and im pertty sure it is coverd in dpms waranty!!

Last edited:
cerralvo
That is kind of crazy. I did not know that DPMS made a 2-stage trigger.

I have the Geissle SSA on my DPMS LR308 w/24" bull barrel and love it. It made a huge difference in my groups. I also mostly use my DPMS for range work and find the SSA to perfect for my needs.

cerralvo
That is kind of crazy. I did not know that DPMS made a 2-stage trigger.

I have the Geissle SSA on my DPMS LR308 w/24" bull barrel and love it. It made a huge difference in my groups. I also mostly use my DPMS for range work and find the SSA to perfect for my needs.

Yep....I have a dpms LR 308L and it came with a 2 stage match. Good trigger but could be lighter for sure.

It was luck of the draw on what parts were used, as parts ran down or out.

decision has been made

:D
thanks for all the good information!!!!

I choose the ssa because of the following
  • according to people with the ssa on a dpms...it was a huge improvement over the stock
  • i am an amateur but i got a lot of trigger time...so i do not want to over kill it
  • less adjustments, less parts, less headaches
  • my intention is to shoot up to 600 yards(but i still do not have the scope for that) i only have leupold 3X9, so i still not ready for that
  • and last thing was the price
  • i order it last night :cool:

thanks

Good choice (though all of them are great). I doubt that you will be disappointed.

9X scope is plenty to start shooting 600yds. For a while I shot a 10X fixed at 1000yds and had no trouble seeing/hitting the 6" plate.

WOW...im not an expert and i have never shot 600 yards but according to my scope i can see a 12" target @ 100 yards @ 9X magnification and on my mil rectile it was about 3 mils

according to my calculations....on my scope 600 yards 12" target(not 6") a 9X magnification my scope rectile will cover only close to .5 mills on rectile

I need to try that out and see if i can hold it still

thanks