• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing DPMS 308 gas block

Longshot38

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2009
Montgomery, TX
I'm having difficulty coming up a adjustable gas block for my DPMS. What I need is a adjustable gas block that will accommodate an barrel with OD of .875. I can find nonadjustable blocks of this size but not adjustable ones. Anybody know where I can find one of these?

Re: DPMS 308 gas block

JP has one and Midway carries it. The comment on Midway suggest you may need to machine (drill?) some flats on your barrel for the set screws.

Guys I've looked around Midway and all I find are .750 & .936 from JP. A like would be appreciated if you have one. Otherwise I can just give JP a call tomorrow.

Contact Paladin Machine. They make Marty's Teppo Jutsu adjustable block. They can make whatever diameter, mine was a .875 for a gap dpms build. Three position, closed, normal, supressed. No screw to watch/adjust.

Drop your stock gas block off at any machine shop and have them drill and tap it to take a 8x32 cap head socket screw....