• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS 308 SASS loads

mattbohac

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2010
Hi, new to the forum and 1st time posting here. I just got my sass in after about 12 months of being on back order. I was just wondering if any one else has one and what you found to work best out of it. I do a lot of hog hunting so I would like a hunting load but I do want to load some match loads also for the my range.

Re: DPMS 308 SASS loads

I shoot 42.5 grains of RL-15, 175 SMK's @ 2.800", CCIBR2 Primers and Lapua Brass. It's a good load in my rifle, 24" 1-10 twist.

thanks for the info. I will give it a try.

For this....

34zm0ya.jpg

I use either 168 gr Hornady A-max or HPBT Match with 43.0 gr Varget COL 2.80

In my 18" barrel they run about 2670 fps, and group about 0.50 MoA as long as I do my part.

(In full disclosure its a Fulton Armory barrel on a LR-308)

Just for giggles, I gotta post a pic of my latest addition (still at my dealer waiting gov't approval....)

2pq6pah.jpg

(crappy call phone pic, but I'm still droolin'...)

thanks for the info and that is a sweet gun. what brand of can are you getting. That is going to be by next purchase after I up grade my scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattb74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for the info and that is a sweet gun. what brand of can are you getting. That is going to be by next purchase after I up grade my scope. </div></div>

That's an Ops Inc 12th model. Its an over the barrel design that runs about 4" of the can over the mount and barrel.

I wanted the KAC M-110 look, without the price. The can is amazingly light. Of course, it remains to be seen how it performs, but everything I've heard about them is good.

Garandman, let me know how it works out for you. if you don't mind pm me what it's costing you so I know how I have to save up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sig22940</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how does the dpms sass compare to the pof? looking to get one soon if I can get the funds together </div></div>

not sure maybe someone else can answer that for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattb74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Garandman, let me know how it works out for you. if you don't mind pm me what it's costing you so I know how I have to save up.

</div></div>

Check their website.... http://opsinc.us/index.html

Actual dealer pricing can vary.

Mine was a reconditioned demo, so my price structure really won't be typical.