• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dpms .308 sportical

brickbd

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2009
Twin Cities, Mn
SSSOOO your wife says she wants to get you a present and gets you the following:

308 SPORTICAL

a DPMS .308 SPORTICAL

- I Know its not the most expensive rifle out there but I give my wife major points for even going down this road because SHE NEVER PURCHASES firearm ANYTHING!!!!

SSSOO, you have this rifle for XMAS, whats the first thing you do???

Keep it the way it is..... It would cost too much to put a free float handguard, stock, barrel, and trigger on it..... Maybe keep it as an ultra light weight red dot set up. Prob hurt her feelings if you totally modified the rifle to the point it it doesnt even look like the original.... If i had to pick one thing it would be a free float hand guard. If you could spend just a little bit more id get an RRA ATH or DPMS 3g1

SSSOOO your wife says she wants to get you a present and gets you the following:

308 SPORTICAL

a DPMS .308 SPORTICAL

- I Know its not the most expensive rifle out there but I give my wife major points for even going down this road because SHE NEVER PURCHASES firearm ANYTHING!!!!

Put some iron sights on it,shoot it and then let your wife shoot and maybe she will enjoy herself so much she will buy you a aimpoint. Best case scenerio she sees how much you enjoy it then she keeps buying you gun related items.

308 SPORTICAL

a DPMS .308 SPORTICAL

First thing I would do is kiss your wife and tell her how lucky you are to have her. Then...she will likely buy you more firearm things - same as my wife did!

Happy Holidays!!!

Sporticals are great for us range junkies. I agree on changing the handgaurd and then the butt stock. I bought an oracle which is darn near the same thing and the butt stock is just flat flimsy and uncomfortable.