• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS 338 FEDERAL

DIESEL758

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2010
texas, san antonio
Ok so i already have the DPMS REPR 308, want to bump up to the 338 by DPMS, i have been using the REPR to shoot hogs at 300 to 750 yards. What iam looking for is something with a little more punch to reach out a little further. Should i look into getting the DPMS 338 fed or maybe look into the 338 LM by Armalite.

Re: DPMS 338 FEDERAL

The 338 Federal is NOT a long-range cartridge by any stretch of the imagination, but it makes a good "heavier duty" hunting round on elk and similar size game out to around 300yd or so depending on the loads you run.

If you run a search here on the 338 Federal, somebody else posted about this same issue a while back and got some input on other suitable AR calibers for long-range use/hunting, as well as some semi-auto 338LM and bolt action 338LM options.

Re: DPMS 338 FEDERAL

Thanks, I did a little more searching and found some options in 338LM. Looks like this might the caliber I go with. I think the 338LM will make a good hunting round out to atleast 1000 yards.