• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS and Bolts

tanda10506

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
Phelan, CA
I've been deciding between a Remington 700 sps tactical or varmint, but lately I've been seeing a lot of the DPMS rifles on here. The SASS is a little out of my price range but how are the LR.308 or LR.308B's? Semi auto is definetly appealing, but how is the accuracy of one of those going to be out of the box compared to a Remington 700 sps varmint?

Re: DPMS and Bolts

One rifle will probably be as accurate as the other.

But the AR will be much more unforgiving of minor shooter errors than the bolt gun.

I would recco a newer shooter to get the bolt until you learn the fundamentals well.

Re: DPMS and Bolts

LR308 owner here. I believe it's a great rifle. Some people complain about feeding issues with their mags but I don't have any of those problems yet. Only ran 200 rounds through my barrel so I can't judge accuracy yet, plus I'm a new shooter. One thing about the DPMS LR308 is the weight. They are fairly heavy if you go with the 24" LR308 which is what I've got.