• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS and Pmags

Malibumick

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2008
TN
I have to force pmags in and yank them out anyone else had this problem? What to do?

Mick

Re: DPMS and Pmags

Shot my dpms sass this weekend and the pmag ran just fine - have a good friend with another sass that uses pmags and he hasn't reported any problems either - both are 308...

I shot my DPMS many times and the pmags enter and eject just fine... Maybe the mag release bar on the left side of your lower that pops out when you push the mag release button is screwed in to tight... Try pushing the mag release button is as far as you can to where the bar comes out far enough to unscrew it one revolution.

Is it just Pmags? One suggestion is to take a belt sander to the top of the Pmags and take a little material off until they drop freely.

It's just the Pmags. They are wicked tight long before they get to the mag release. No problem in any of the armalite lowers I have. They work in another DPMS lower just one giving me issues.

Mick

My DPMS LR-308 runs like a top with the P-Mags no issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zebra308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My DPMS LR-308 runs like a top with the P-Mags no issues. </div></div>

Same here... i have had C-Products mags be too tight but never pmags.

Ar-15 not a 7.62/multi cal. I guess I'll just grind away on the mags.

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mick265</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They work in another DPMS lower just one giving me issues. </div></div>

Mine runs like a champ, no issues at all. It sounds like you have an issue in that lower, don't go trimming magazines until you start looking through the lower's potential issues first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shot my DPMS many times and the pmags enter and eject just fine... Maybe the mag release bar on the left side of your lower that pops out when you push the mag release button is screwed in to tight... Try pushing the mag release button is as far as you can to where the bar comes out far enough to unscrew it one revolution. </div></div>

I agree try This first

I have a DPMS upper (.308) on a Fulton lower and havent seen any issues at all with PMags.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mick265</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's just the Pmags. They are wicked tight long before they get to the mag release. No problem in any of the armalite lowers I have. They work in another DPMS lower just one giving me issues.

Mick </div></div>

Not the original topic of the thread, but does your armalite lower function with a Pmag? If it does, that would be the first one I ever heard of.

I have used them (PMAGS)also no problems.They shoot out of the mag well when released.

Pmags are the most popular mag seen at any 3gun match that i have ever been to. I did have a pof rifle that was a little snug. I would measure the mag and mag well and then some other ar15s mag wells. All the rest of my ar rifles work just fine with Pmags.