• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS GII Magazine

Jungle George

Private
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Working on all the parts to get a DPMS GII Bull built. What is a good magazine for that gun. I have read that Magpul Gen3 mags didn't work so well and needed to be swapped out for Gen2 magazines. Are the DPMS mags any better?

Cheers,

George

Working on all the parts to get a DPMS GII Bull built. What is a good magazine for that gun. I have read that Magpul Gen3 mags didn't work so well and needed to be swapped out for Gen2 magazines. Are the DPMS mags any better?

Cheers,

George

I use a pair of Gen III Pmags. Never had a single problem. I didn't even know they were supposed to have problems.

I guess ignorance is bliss.

I have 2 DPMS .308's and have fired rapid fire on pig hunts and slow fire at the range with no problems using Pmags and DPMS Mags as well. I know the Pmags are GIII's. I just received 3 of the 25 rd. to see if they will clear on a prone setup to use on pig hunts as well.

OOPS ! ! They are both GI's I guess since I built them on DPMS upper & lower sets from a couple of years back, 1 is a 22" precision DPMS setup with a 12 twist Bartlein chambered for 175 gn SMK and the other is a 16", 10 twist with the Brux barrel turned down to minimum diameter under the handguard with JP Heatsink for reduced weight and a more battle rifle portability.

Last edited: