• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS high quad rail handguard

tylerradke

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Does anyone know of a quad rail handguard that is made for DPMS high pattern uppers? Or even a mk 4 geisselle style handguard with rails the front couple inches and mlok the rest of the way would be fine. Want at least 12" prefer 13-15. I can't find anything in my search but figured you guys might know.

There are two versions of the DPMS “high” uppers.

There’s high, and really high.

I was unable to find a handguard that would match the really high upper.

In the end, I replaced the upper with a standard upper just I could replace the hand guard.

There are two versions of the DPMS “high” uppers.

There’s high, and really high.

I was unable to find a handguard that would match the really high upper.

In the end, I replaced the upper with a standard upper just I could replace the hand guard.
It's an Aero M5 so pretty sure it's just a regular high

Does anyone know of a quad rail handguard that is made for DPMS high pattern uppers? Or even a mk 4 geisselle style handguard with rails the front couple inches and mlok the rest of the way would be fine. Want at least 12" prefer 13-15. I can't find anything in my search but figured you guys might know.

...check out SLR Rifleworks, they make both "high" and "low" DPMS pattern HG's. The Aero M5 uppers takes a "HIGH", attached is my M5 with the SLR HG showing the fit. They have multiple models that have the short rails up front, scroll thru the offerings to find what you prefer. You will want the ones that are labeled "308H" designating its the HIGH model for DPMS pattern. NOTE: They also offer Armalite AR10 pattern HG's, make sure you select the "DPMS/SR25" option in the pull-down menu. Aero M5's are DPMS/SR25 pattern.

Attachments

• SLR-1.jpg
    SLR-1.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 187
  • SLR-2.jpg
    SLR-2.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
I'm slowly building my ar but I was only able to find a manufacturer named Samson.

I'm also building off a "High profile" dpms platform

Not a fan of the s shaped vents but it's the only quad rail out there

STAR10-13-2_640x640.png

aero is dpms high, plenty of quad handguards for it. Decide your budget and then go from there. you can get them from 50 to 350. I like quad rails.........................and mlok lol

aero is dpms high, plenty of quad handguards for it. Decide your budget and then go from there. you can get them from 50 to 350. I like quad rails.........................and mlok lol
Plenty of handguards isn't the case Ghost rider. Few options and they do have seni quad rails but not like what I think the original thread intended asking.

With that said daniel defense used to make .308 quad rail handguards that extended the entire span.

Samson offers that and is American made. I would know nothing about about the quality though.

The last option for anyone that wants a true quad rail handguard would be to just buy MLOK quad rail adapters but irt wouldn't look uniform unless there's handguard covers.

These guys offer that kind of option
13-slot-m-lok-USA.jpg

Plenty of handguards isn't the case Ghost rider. Few options and they do have seni quad rails but not like what I think the original thread intended asking.

With that said daniel defense used to make .308 quad rail handguards that extended the entire span.

Samson offers that and is American made. I would know nothing about about the quality though.

The last option for anyone that wants a true quad rail handguard would be to just buy MLOK quad rail adapters but irt wouldn't look uniform unless there's handguard covers.

These guys offer that kind of option
View attachment 7752721
absolutely plenty, you just have to look to less brand name. It's why I said pick your budget first and spend the most coin on the most important parts, internals, barrel, trigger etc..

I do like your suggestion though or he could go with the hybrid guards as well

absolutely plenty, you just have to look to less brand name.
I dunno, maybe my Google skills are lacking because I've been looking too and everyone is either discontinued, out of stock, or actually "low" rails. If you could give us some hints to where "absolutely plenty" are located, it would be super helpful.

Reactions: rpoL98
I dunno, maybe my Google skills are lacking because I've been looking too and everyone is either discontinued, out of stock, or actually "low" rails. If you could give us some hints to where "absolutely plenty" are located, it would be super helpful.

.....patience will be your friend, get on the e-mail alert list of every site you found something you like and check for your alerts at night when sites update their inventory...

...better to get what you want than just something to "scratch that itch".... ;)

KAC…. There’s some guy that has a pile of surplus RAS’s for sale on AR15.com right now.
Hera has a cheap one that looks ok.

I ordered a 13.2” STAR-10 from Samson back in November and I’m still waiting on it… I’ve had better luck just scanning all the classified ads for used stuff. It’s kind of fun because sometimes you’ll come across some absolute gems. But, be ready to fork out the cash though because people know their value now that everything is discontinued/out of stock. Saw a DD Lite rail go for $650 a while back 😬