• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes DPMS LR-308 A-3 ring height help

SwatSgt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2010
North of Charlotte NC
I am trying to help a friend who is currently deployed on a MEU (If it helps he is an air winger, if not just ignore that I told you). I have his DPMS LR-308 A3 upper with a free float tube sitting happily in my safe next to my LR-308. His model has the flutted threaded barrel with a vented free float tube along with the PRS stock. It is the regular A-3 upper not the raised model upper like I have. My question is will 1.00” rings work to mount a Leupold MK-4 ER/T with the 50mm objective or will he need the X-high or AR high? He is not wanting a QD mount and mainly looking at Seekins rings. I have several pairs of them on my personal rifles and he is has developed a liking for them as well. The down side is mine are all low so not much help and I am trying not to remove one of my scopes to see how much more height he will need.

I spoke via email with Seekins and they recommended X-high 1.26” or the AR high rings which are 1.45 but said with some of the DPMS uppers 1” rings will fit. The reason my rifle is not much help in solving the question is because I have the standard raised upper with a Millett LRS scope with the factory rings. He is going to order the rings from the boat so I am trying to keep from having to send them back if we get the wrong ones. Thanks in advance for the help.

Semper Fi Tommy

Re: DPMS LR-308 A-3 ring height help

I recommend 1.375 to 1.5" center height. It also depends if you are using a rail that is the same height as the receiver.

Mike @ CST