• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos DPMS LR 308 Almost Done

Re: DPMS LR 308 Almost Done

When the brown truck of happiness comes tomorrow I'll have pretty much the same thing in hand-same comp, fluted. I decided to go LR308 after my bud out shot me at 1000 with my custom savage 26" BB with his. Got it from Nelson Tactical. Nice people. Tough deciding on scope on one these because not all have enough travel for a built in base. Thinking about just going 16x42 SS and so I can get it shooting then figure it out later.

Mine has a Burris fullfield 4.5x14x42 on it from another gun to get shooting. I am waiting on a Burris XTR 6x24x50, it is on back order through Cabelas.

Never played with a Burris other than a spotter that I liked. I've been tossing up a PST 6-24x50. You might try SWFA for the XTR? My friend has the 16x42 SS and although it's fixed and not the best glass, it's bomb proof, tons of travel, and gets the job done. Not to mention it's only $300. I wish shopping for a scope was as easy as the rifle. LR308 is a no brainer IMO. I might get a 260 barrel for it at some point too. What are you doing for a trigger?

The factory trigger is pretty good to me but I might have it worked.

I think you are going to be very happy with the accuracy of this rifle. A guy at the range had the same but in a 260, and it was a freaking tack driver.

What ever glass you go with, I am sure you will be happy with. Since you have been looking at good ones.

With the SS 16x42 or 20x42 from SWFA, i like the option on getting blank turrets and sending them to Kenton industries to have custom caps made up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedgoat_ Junkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The factory trigger is pretty good to me but I might have it worked. </div></div>

GADS, that's the first piece of crap i got rid of (7+ lb trigger), most AK's have better triggers
smile.gif

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. I will probably send my trigger to Bill Springfield (triggerwork.net).

My friend put JP springs in his($25?) and improved it a fair bit. Also it breaking in helps too. I agree the stock triggers are not as bad as their rep and do get the job done, but if you're used to the nice stuff I see we're you're coming from. I'm curious to see what mine feels like out of the box. As far as the 260 goes I would have switched over from 308 on this rifle but couldn't find one. Figure, get the 260 barrel later and have both. 30% less drop @ 1000-no brainer.. if you reload.