• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS Lr-308 Small pin or Large pin triggers

toadbrown

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2010
Fenton, Mo
I am getting ready to replace the trigger on my lr-308 but I cannot seem to find the answer to my question whether my rifle needs a small pin or large pin trigger. Any help would be appreciated!

Re: DPMS Lr-308 Small pin or Large pin triggers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gpz750</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Small pin trigger for a ar15 </div></div>

The "308" takes the same trigger as the ar 15?

Thanks for the info GPZ! Now I just need to decide on which trigger.

I went with the geissele dmr trigger. One of the best upgrades I have made. It's a 2 stage trigger and not everybody likes a 2 stage. Have mine set at 3lb 1st stage and 1.25lb 2nd stage.

I am leaning toward that exact trigger. Would it be suitable for hunting?

Geissele told me only Colt made large pins.

Sr-gold...Awesome trigger and very easy to install. I have one in my LR308 300wsm

I went with the JP trigger. It didn't seem quite as good as my other JP trigger, and I found out that the manufacturer DID put in the JP trigger hammer and trigger, but not JP springs. As soon as I put in the JP springs, the trigger worked great...just like my other JP trigger.

JP trigger #1 has been working flawlessly for nearly 18 years now...without a single malfunction. And I'm halfway through barrel #3 with it...I figure each chrome lined barrel is good for 5-10K rounds...so that is a lot of rounds through that one trigger...

Small Pin .154 and I am running a Wilson Combat TTU Single Stage.