• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing dpms lr-308 triggers

Re: dpms lr-308 triggers

The LR308 lower will accept any standard pin sized AR15 trigger. I have a KAC 2 stage match in mine and it's fantastic.

I have a McCormick trigger in my LR308 and it's really nice. Easy drop in unit too.

Yes, the new Iron Ridge is a good single stage trigger with a crisp break.

As soon as my camera charges, I'll get some pictures, and they are supposed to be doing a group buy deal for Hide Members as they have 100 units finished and ready to ship.

I love the Geissele trigger. I put one in my 308 DPMS AP4 set-up. It was pretty easy to install.

I feel Geissele is the best trigger available. Have two of them and don't regret the purchase. They are easy to install, easy to adjust and most importantly..they stay adjusted. I have used JP, McCormick, RR National Match, etc., which are all good triggers, but the Geissele wins out. My .02.

thanks for the info. i feel foolish as i've built several guns on dpms lowers and have actually paid good money for those crappy factory 10lb triggers. i've seen the price for triggers labeled for the lr-308 skyrocket when a more common ar15 trigger will fit. is this creative marketing or what?? i'm going to try a jewel 2 stage on my hunter.

OH! one more quick question...are the armalite lowers the same (triggers?)as the lr-308? i know the uppers are different for armalite....
steve

I am in the market for a good trigger.. does not have to be set to a few ounces or anything... just a good low poundage for a quality hunting gun with my dpms LR... I would like to know if there are any reportable problems with any of the mentioned ones.. and if any are not drop ins.. my smith can do a pretty good job of lightening and making them more crisp, but it is not what I want yet..
a really nice three pound or so adjustable would be super .. is there a best for the price ? not best despite the price.. but a good reliable consistent trigger settable at two or three pounds ?
dk

RRA 2 stage NM trigger in mine great trigger for the price, did have to file a little for safty bar to engage.

I've used the JP setup with great results, but my newest "trial" has been with the JARD AR trigger in my LR-308 lower.
They adjust very well and mine has been very consistent. As a matter of fact, adjusting/installing it - and making subsequent tweaks here and there are FAR easier than the JP. I really wanted to try a McCormick but had a hard time finding one at the time I bought my JARD.