• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS LR-308

free_pineland

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
Uwharrie Mtns
I just finished building my LR-308 SPR.

LR308II.jpg

18" Fluted Heavy Barrel
RRA Two-stage Trigger
Free Float Tube
Harris Bipod
Hogue Overmolded Grip
VLTOR A1 Stock (thanks Tigerbikes)
Trijicon ACOG 4x32 BAC w/ LaRue RCO Mount
Magpul 7.62 PMAG

What you guys think?

Re: DPMS LR-308

Very nice! I purchased one off of the classifieds. Looking forward to trying out a semi-auto 7.62! My Rem700 is great, but the pigs run kind of quickly once that first shot goes out.

Thanks. Yeah, I know what you mean. I built mine for a couple of reasons. First, I usually run a 700 but I'm a lefty and quick follow ups are getting less quick, the older I get. Second, I usually use a Marlin 336 for bear and pigs but I decided to go "new school". I love building sticks and I have to many in 5.56 to justify building another one.

i like it. im doing the same thing, but low profile gas block and full length tube. good looking shooter. you can get a 338 federal upper if you need more than a .308

got to love those Magpul 308 mags for less then 18 bucks. When the DPMS mags started going up to almost 40 bucks a piece it was getting hard to pay that much. Thank God for Magpul!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got to love those Magpul 308 mags for less then 18 bucks. When the DPMS mags started going up to almost 40 bucks a piece it was getting hard to pay that much. Thank God for Magpul!!! </div></div>

Yes, because the curve is supposed to help, but if you take a look HERE you might be pleasantly surprised
grin.gif

I haven't seen the 308 pmags, but I was uninspired by the feed lips on the 223 ones being easily moved with light finger pressure. I'll give them a go because of the mating issues of the straight ones, but I do hope they are more rugged on the lips.

interesting - that is the cheapest that I have seen C-More mags. I guess they are tyring to under-shoot Magpul. I will have to check that out. I have been using my new 308 Magpuls and they have worked great thus far.

I've been using 5.56 PMAGs on duty and in combat for three years and I will never use another type of mag other than for training. I've been using the 7.62 PMAGs for a month and thus far they have proven just as reliable. Just my two pennies.

I love my LR-308s. I've got a 16" carbine with an acog, and a 24" scoped. I think the 18" heavy should be good place to meet in the middle.

I've used the 5.56 pmags with flawless results in matches, classes, and plinking. I've also got a few 20LR pmags (the 7.62 ones) and they've been equally good.