• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS LR308 Wait times?

smboudreaux

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2009
Addis, La
about a year ago my ffl gave me a call saying armalite was running a special on ar10 lower. i said great, get me one. a little later i spec'd out what i wanted for the rest of the rifle. he said he could get it all through dpms. then the waiting game started. of the bat they said 4-6 month, then 6-8, latest estimate we received is possibly june.

anyone else getting this type of run around from dpms?

Re: DPMS LR308 Wait times?

Are you looking for anything unusual? I assume you have ruled out the Armalite entirely, right? They are not compatible w/the DPMS so I'm just making sure you're aware. Sounds like you have gone from the Armalite platform to the DPMS platform but just making sure you're not trying to build a rifle from both parts.

I'm sorry buddy, but your best bet is to do what I did, buy one similar to what you want off Gunbroker, and then mod it out. I was told I'd have to wait approximately 1 year for my LR308, I bought the basic outfit I wanted off Gunbroker and had it within 2 weeks. This is the route I'd go personally. The other option you have though, is to go ahead and purchase a lower, and then carefully eyeball the DPMS Firepower page, it's a daily updated list of uppers and complete rifles that DPMS currently has in stock from cancelled orders and whatnot. If they have one in stock, you can have your FFL dealer order it for you the same day, and it will ship as soon as the paperwork comes through.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you looking for anything unusual? I assume you have ruled out the Armalite entirely, right? They are not compatible w/the DPMS so I'm just making sure you're aware.</div></div>

no shit? i did not know that. seriously, not trying to be sarcastic. i have the armalite lower sitting in the safe. he ordered everything else except a striped lower from dpms. shit.

anything unusual? no. 24" flutted thread teflon coated barrel. magpul prs, yhm full length handgaurd. i think that about it. the only unusual thing about the order may have been the lack of a stripped lower

You can use an armalite upper on a DPMS lower but not the other way around. And there will be a gap so it will look like crap, but it's functional.

If you are looking to just get a whole DPMS gun, I would try www.rguns.net

No games, they have pretty good prices and the stuff is in stock. If you talk to them on the phone they are usually dicks, but I've never had a problem with them as far as getting my stuff on time and such. Customer service just sucks.

thats pretty wierd about the current wait from your dealer unless he's a really small operation. I've heard that's why rguns can get things so quick is because they order LOTs of stuff at once so they are a higher priority.

ar10-dpms.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smboudreaux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so i'm screwed. have to either buy a dpms lower or armalite upper? </div></div>

That's why I asked that right off to make sure you were aware because it sounded like you were attempting to do something that may not be possible. Maybe your dealer realized this after the fact and figured if he strung you out long enough you would lose interest? Sounds pretty shady but I do know most dealers have had a few in the last year the he claims to have not been able to get any so, I dunno.

I may be selling my AR10 based on a DPMS upper and POF lower w/PRS stock so maybe you might be interested? I don't want to jack this thread too much but here's a picture. If you're interested PM me and we can discuss privately as I haven't even set a price yet.

2010-04-21%2015.06.09.jpg

i'll talk to my dealer and see what we can do. i dont have any dpms part in hand yet. i may see about ordering a dpms lr308 straight from them and doing a 338federal on the armalite lower

www.nelsontactical.com. I too wanted to order an LR308 and DPMS told me it'd be 10-12month wait. I ordered a LR308 through them and got it within 48 hrs! no BS! Nelson Tactical has probably 10 different configurations of the LR308. They didn't have one exactly the way I wanted but they had one close enough where I'd just need to get a PRS and DD Lite Rail. Excellent customer service too!