• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS LRT SASS vs ARMALITE SUPER SASS

DIESEL758

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2010
texas, san antonio
Which of these two guns are better and why?
Pros and cons of each.
Hog take down at 300 to 600 yards, that is all the gun will be used for.

Re: DPMS LRT SASS vs ARMALITE SUPER SASS

They're both good rifles. Will you be shooting from a stand or packing it around? Because from a stand it will be fine but they are heavy as hell so you won't be carrying it very far.

I will be shooting from a rack mount on our jeep and maybe a little tracking. The 308 will have enough knockdown power at 300 to 600 yards and maybe farther if need be.

Haven't used the Armalite, but the DPMS is definitely cheaper - I have one and love it. I've not personally shot mine at hogs, but a friend has one (convinced me to get it) and we dropped several hogs at about that distance last fall. Get some black hills gold 180gr Accubonds and you'll be good to go...

I prefer the Armalite, but that's just me, I'm an Armalite snob.

I have two friends. One owns the DPMS and the other owns the Armalite. I am much more impressed with the quality of the Armalite. The JP trigger on the DPMS snapped in two pieces last week, with under a 100 rounds total fired through the rifle. Also the ambi safety lever was ready to fall off. The trigger issue if probably a freak occurrence and not DPMS's fault and the safety lever is an easy fix, but still, not very inspiring on a brand new rifle.

One of the main differences would be mag types. Armalite will only use Armalite mags. The DPMS will use DPMS, C Products, POF, Magpul, Larue, etc.

Another difference would be barrel length. The DPMS is an 18" 1:10 twist. The Armalite is a 20" 1:11.25. The Armalite also has an two way gas block.

Lastly, the cost. Armalite retail is about $3000. Lowest I've seen one is $2400. DPMS retails for about $2100. Lowest I've seen those were about $1700. So there is quite a difference in price between the two. Now, I said between the two, I choose the Armalite, but for the price I think there are better options out there.

If you're really going to spend that kind of money look for a used POF 308 in 16". Other rifles for less money that would do the same thing would be the 16" Armalite and DPMS carbines.

All of the above will send a 180 nosler ballistic tip at 24-2500 fps which is more than enough power for a pig. 600 yards it'll still be going 1500+ fps which is like a magnum revolver at point blank.

If Armalite would adopt the SR25 magazine and drop the dogdick bastardized M14 mags they would corner the market. I spoke at length with them when they called and wanted me to re up my deal with them. Their excuse was they had crates of mags in stock.

Till then DPMS, CMMG, Larue, POF, etc.. will dominate the Semi world.

For this reason alone, DPMS is the best value. You can take an out of the box A3 LR308, trim the barrel down, recontour it, and customize it how you want and have a hell of a tack driver.

Or Just buy a Remmy R25 and win matches right out of the box with good glass.

On the flip side, we all remember L. London's 9k round abused AR10 that would shoot lights out even when he sold it. With him calling the shots, I personally shot 8 consecutive headshots with wind @ 1k on little herman on the Hardrock Range.

Their rifles will shoot great, just retool and use a magazine that is mil spec.

I own a DPMS LR-308 with a PRS Stock Harris Bi-Pod Wilson Combat single stage 4 lb trigger Burris XTR 3-12 scope and I run Mag Pul Mags though it. In one day I ran the el-cheapo 200 rnds of 165 grain Ultra Max ammo though it for the factory recomended minimal shoot and clean break in for those of us who do that. I had no issues what so ever and held well under 1 moa with the crappy ammo at 100 yds. I have not had a chance to shoot my 168 FGMM yet but I am sure the rifle will group quite well as long as I do my part.

Thanks for all the helpful info guys. I found the DPMS SASS for 1750.00 so it looks like that is the rifle I will try out and use the differance to some good glass.

I would look into a used GAP for a little more if it were me. Armalite or DPMS, but you'll get a great shooting gun guaranteed, and it will hold its value better.

What is the diff. the GAP uses the DPMS or ARALITE lower,just different upper. Cant see paying 2400 for a rifle that is incessantly the same rifle with a diff. name.. I don't know maybe iam wrong.

GAP AR-10 rifles have a custom barrel (typically a Bartlein 5R, which is what mine is) and a few other nice things (Badger Ordnance Mk12 gas block, Tac Latch, and two-stage trigger).

When I was looking at .30cal AR I went with the Armalite AR-10, just a better designed gun made from the start to shoot a .308 round instead of just a upsized M16 like everything else seemed to be.

Alot of people bitch about the mags costing $50,.... The most I have ever paid is $36 after shipping, just have to be a smart shopper. Plus the Armalite mags will hold 20 rounds like they are suppose to some of the others only go to 19. And being based off of the M-14 mag the Armalite mags are absolutely bomb proof. The 25rd mags are nice too.

I built my gun from parts and it came in right around $1500,. If I wanted to make it like the SASSi would have had to spend another 6 - 7 hundred for the adjustable SASS gas block and railed forearm. (not a big fan of the PRS stock) my rifle has a 24in rock creek barrel and is topped with a PH 3-15x50. It easily stays under 1 MOA with 175 FGMM & my crappy shooting skills.

I will always recommend Armalite AR-10 or any quality Armalite pattern rifle to anyone looking for a .308 AR.

Every other 7.62/.308 magazine on the market <span style="font-style: italic">wishes</span> it was as good as a "bastardized dog dick" Armalite magazine. If Armalite advertised near as much as those others, they would dominate the market. Till then it's monkey see, monkey do.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Armalite would adopt the SR25 magazine and drop the dogdick bastardized M14 mags they would corner the market. I spoke at length with them when they called and wanted me to re up my deal with them. Their excuse was they had crates of mags in stock.

Till then DPMS, CMMG, Larue, POF, etc.. will dominate the Semi world.

For this reason alone, DPMS is the best value. You can take an out of the box A3 LR308, trim the barrel down, recontour it, and customize it how you want and have a hell of a tack driver.

Or Just buy a Remmy R25 and win matches right out of the box with good glass.

On the flip side, we all remember L. London's 9k round abused AR10 that would shoot lights out even when he sold it. With him calling the shots, I personally shot 8 consecutive headshots with wind @ 1k on little herman on the Hardrock Range.

Their rifles will shoot great, just retool and use a magazine that is mil spec. </div></div> If anything is a "bastardized dog dick" it's the copy cat DPMS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruzie27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I was looking at .30cal AR I went with the Armalite AR-10, just a better designed gun made from the start to shoot a .308 round instead of just a upsized M16 like everything else seemed to be.

Alot of people bitch about the mags costing $50,.... The most I have ever paid is $36 after shipping, just have to be a smart shopper. Plus the Armalite mags will hold 20 rounds like they are suppose to some of the others only go to 19. And being based off of the M-14 mag the Armalite mags are absolutely bomb proof. The 25rd mags are nice too.

I built my gun from parts and it came in right around $1500,. If I wanted to make it like the SASSi would have had to spend another 6 - 7 hundred for the adjustable SASS gas block and railed forearm. (not a big fan of the PRS stock) my rifle has a 24in rock creek barrel and is topped with a PH 3-15x50. It easily stays under 1 MOA with 175 FGMM & my crappy shooting skills.

I will always recommend Armalite AR-10 or any quality Armalite pattern rifle to anyone looking for a .308 AR.

</div></div>X2.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DIESEL758</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which of these two guns are better and why?
Pros and cons of each.
Hog take down at 300 to 600 yards, that is all the gun will be used for.
</div></div>First, understanad what the two SASS's mean...they're not the same. The Armalite SASS stands for "Special Adjustable Sniper Ststem" and was designed as a special purpose rifle specifically for sniping. It is supressor ready with an adjustable gas block, has a special free float rail specific to that weapon, and the upgraded 20" heavy barrel similar to the Walther Lothar on the T models. They had a 16" version for a while but is discontinued. The DPMS SASS stands for Semi Automatic Sniper System and is a commercial rifle that they tagged "sniper system" because it sounds cool and sells rifles. Anything can be a "sniper rifle" if that's what your'e using it for, but the DPMS is no more a "sniper" rifle than a 10-22. You;re going to pay a lot more for the SASS Armalite and unless you need the adjustable gas block and want the "Sniper" version, you don't need <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> rifle for what you want. I'd be looking for an AR10T with either the 20" barrel, or the 24", and have it cut/crowned to 20" or even 18". They're as easy as it gets to build from parts, as well, and you can save several hundred dollars by doing that. IMO the DPMS will always be second rate to an Armalite.

i have the armalite sass and run a can on it. accuracy is great and it has run flawless. i like the built in switchable gas block, heavy but very dependable and accurate

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The DPMS SASS stands for Semi Automatic Sniper System and is a commercial rifle that they tagged "sniper system" because it sounds cool and sells rifles. </div></div>
False.

The DPMS SASS evolved from a prototype that lost out to KAC durng Army field trials. There's a bit more of a pedigree there than just being "tagged" as a Sniper System. It's been quite successful as a commercial spin-off and is in service with numerous LEO/SWAT agencies. It's more likely the tight little groups that sell the rifles.

You cant go wrong with Armalite. Their guns are made to work. The problems associated wit 308 ARs do not come from the AR-10. They come from 308 ARs. The "dog-dick" magazine is the most reliable 308 semi magazine out there. You can take regular M14 mag, cut a hole in it, and slap it in your Armalite. Change the spring, and the bolt catch still works. And, if you have an M14, the modified mags will still work perfectly in your M14. Armalite is the way to go, like one poster said, you probably dont need the SASS unless you want to hit those piggies in the eyes at 600yrds. DPMS is cheaper for a reason, they are poorly built and inaccurate out of the box. Yes you can make the DPMS into a bastardized SR25, but you might as well get the KAC with the money needed to upgrade the DPMS. The only thing DPMS and the other guys have, is the mag. None of them out preform an equally equipped Armalite.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoatHead</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> DPMS is cheaper for a reason, they are poorly built and inaccurate out of the box. </div></div>

Completely false.

There's nothing wrong with having a favorite, but flat-out lying to someone looking for accurate information is a bit "high-school". You don't know what your talking about and this misinformation begs the question...

Is your info about the Armalite BS too? I wouldn't trust a word you said about <span style="text-decoration: underline">any</span> weapon after this post.

My wife can shoot sub-MOA with a DPMS SASS and the quality is first rate.

Sorry, but someone needs to do it,

Do you prefer Ford or Chevy?

Most of the primary points were made above:
- with the DPMS, mags will not be an issue, plenty of options available at reasonable prices

- the "factory SASS" is nice for those who just want something out of the box, but there are a lot of other options out there whether it is taking something like a LR-308 and reworking it, looking at a custom build from someone like GAP, or even looking at a model from someone like LaRue, LMT, POF, etc.

IMHO, it comes down to:
- How much money do you want to spend?
- What is your minimum acceptable performance level?
- What features do you really want/need?

For me, I have had everything from a 16" AP4 up to a 24" LR-308.
LRFamily2sm.jpg

308Family.jpg

After shooting them for the past 3-4 years, I don't think that you can really beat the SASS for being the best all around rifle, good balance of size & weight in return for the level of accuracy that you get.

Don't get me wrong, there are more accurate, and some that are smaller/lighter, but you will also end up paying significantly more for those.

If you can afford around $1,700 for the SASS, then I would not think twice about buying it.

Best of Luck,
M Richardson

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoatHead</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> DPMS is cheaper for a reason, they are poorly built and inaccurate out of the box. </div></div>

Completely false.

There's nothing wrong with having a favorite, but flat-out lying to someone looking for accurate information is a bit "high-school". You don't know what your talking about and this misinformation begs the question...

Is your info about the Armalite BS too? I wouldn't trust a word you said about <span style="text-decoration: underline">any</span> weapon after this post.

My wife can shoot sub-MOA with a DPMS SASS and the quality is first rate. </div></div>

YES, I would have to concur.

Per the pics above, and I have more, I have owned and used 8 different DPMS Rifles in .308 and .260, and I have only had a quality / performance issue with 1, and it was corrected by DPMS under warranty.

Just like any large scale manufacturer, DPMS is going to produce some products with a problem, but ultimately they have also shown a very strong tendency to fix legit problems under warranty coverage.

In terms of accuracy, my SASS will hold 1 MOA or better as long as I do my part, and that seems to be the "industry standard" for that rifle.

Sorry, but a DPMS Rifle is NOT "poorly built and inaccurate out of the box", and I can provide plenty of documentation to back that up if anyone really needs to see it or hear it!

Thanks,
M Richardson

I'm sure the other companys build there rifles just fine,.. And while your DMPS is your favorite you would have to be blind or hard headed not to see that the Armalite is a better designed & engineered rifle,...

Sure the Honda civic I had could run 12's,.. But it damn sure was not better than my cousins Corvette's that ran the same times or faster.

Bottom line is Armalites will always cost more because there is more that goes into them.

Buy once cry once,. Or dont. That's entirely up to the OP.

This 5-shot group was fired from my out-of-the-box SASS the last time I had it out. If I shoot 10 targets, one will be sub-1/2, 5 will be sub-3/4, and 4 will be 1.0 -1.5 and those remaining 4 are attributable to me...not the weapon. 60% sub-MOA performance is phenominal for <span style="text-decoration: underline">any</span> auto.

312-tgtgfx.jpg

I worked at a facility where we had 24 DPMS 24 inch guns for training, We also had 24 Remington M24's. The Remingtons and DPMS were straight from the factory with no special barrel or bolt mods.
The DPMS were minute of angle and less guns with Black Hills 175 grain factory ammo. We shot them out to 800M day in and day out for 2 weeks at a time and the M24s for 2 weeks at a time and when comparing students scores for bolt M24 and semi auto DPMS they were extremely close.
The only issues we had with the DPMS were that after about 1000 rounds the extractor had to be replaced. DPMS gave us replacement Extractors and was in the process of reworking the type of steel used in the extractors so that we would not have any issues.
I was hesitant in buying a DPMS rifle for a long time, but the abuse I saw those rifles take in training settled my nerves.
I bought a DPMS 18 inch SASS and it shoots just as good as the 24 inch guns.
No it is not a KAC SR25,M110 and it does not cost 5K either, but it uses the same mags as the SR-25 and Magpul is making mags that will fit it for 17.00 to 25.00.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruzie27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure the other companys build there rifles just fine,.. And while your DMPS is your favorite you would have to be blind or hard headed not to see that the Armalite is a better designed & engineered rifle,... </div></div>

You could actually be right but at this level of performance, "better designed/engineered" is splitting hairs. The difference is not major by any stretch. I like the Armalite...its just that the comments about the DPMS are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruzie27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Bottom line is Armalites will always cost more because there is more that goes into them.
</div></div>

Not really. If you build your own you can have one for a pretty reasonable price especially if you have a few parts laying around. Armalite AR-10 uppers are pretty reasonably priced, as are their stripped lowers.

The only real difference is magazine type.

I have had a 24" AR10-T
And a DPMS SASS.
Both shot sub MOA and the DPMS was not giveing up anything to the AR10 in fit,finish or quality in any way.

I now have a POF 308 20" which shoots sub moa also.

maybe its just me but the DPMS seemed easier to shoot sub moa out of all three.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The DPMS SASS stands for Semi Automatic Sniper System and is a commercial rifle that they tagged "sniper system" because it sounds cool and sells rifles. </div></div>
False.

The DPMS SASS evolved from a prototype that lost out to KAC durng Army field trials. There's a bit more of a pedigree there than just being "tagged" as a Sniper System. It's been quite successful as a commercial spin-off and is in service with numerous LEO/SWAT agencies. It's more likely the tight little groups that sell the rifles. </div></div>The DPMS will always be an Armalite copy. The rifle available today is not the same rifle that was offered as the military version, as you stated...it's an evolution of the prototype, which was an Armalite wannabe/copy from the start. It's popularity is purely based on it's price because it's no more accurate than any of the others. I'm sure DPMS makes the LE agancies smoe sweet deals, too. Face it...when you build a cheap rifle, you can sell it for less.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Face it...when you build a cheap rifle, you can sell it for less. </div></div>

Oh I get it: because only expensive items are quality items.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The DPMS SASS stands for Semi Automatic Sniper System and is a commercial rifle that they tagged "sniper system" because it sounds cool and sells rifles. </div></div>
False.

The DPMS SASS evolved from a prototype that lost out to KAC durng Army field trials. There's a bit more of a pedigree there than just being "tagged" as a Sniper System. It's been quite successful as a commercial spin-off and is in service with numerous LEO/SWAT agencies. It's more likely the tight little groups that sell the rifles. </div></div>The DPMS will always be an Armalite copy. The rifle available today is not the same rifle that was offered as the military version, as you stated...it's an evolution of the prototype, which was an Armalite wannabe/copy from the start. It's popularity is purely based on it's price because it's no more accurate than any of the others. I'm sure DPMS makes the LE agancies smoe sweet deals, too. Face it...when you build a cheap rifle, you can sell it for less. </div></div>

I have a $3500 ball point pen I would like to sell you. Trust me. It has to be worth the money, because that is what I am asking for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oodin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Face it...when you build a cheap rifle, you can sell it for less. </div></div>

Oh I get it: because only expensive items are quality items. </div></div>Hey, good thinking...that's using your brain. Is that what I said? No. Conversely, quality does tend to cost more, yes. Where do you think the cost break comes in on something like a rifle?

According to some sources DPMS has gone to proprietary rail height on their upper receivers now that won't line up with railed forends.

Another thing to consider.

Based on their AR15s and a few minor things they cheaped out on with their LR308 (using AR15 buffer tubes, using extrusions instead of forgings, no lifetime warranty or standard CL barrel) line I share the opinion of DPMS being a cheaper, lower quality line of rifles. I'm sure they are plenty accurate though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where do you think the cost break comes in on something like a rifle? </div></div>

Can you clarify this please.

Well shit iam really confused know, i have tried to put together a gun piece by piece and it ends up costing more i dont know if iam not looking at the right places to buy parts or what. I want a gun that looks like the armalite sass,dpms sass,or the kac. What are some good places to look for the parts i need to build one of these guns, keep in mind it is being used to shoot hogs at 300 to 600 yards maybe longer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DIESEL758</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well shit iam really confused know, i have tried to put together a gun piece by piece and it ends up costing more i dont know if iam not looking at the right places to buy parts or what. I want a gun that looks like the armalite sass,dpms sass,or the kac. What are some good places to look for the parts i need to build one of these guns, keep in mind it is being used to shoot hogs at 300 to 600 yards maybe longer. </div></div>

Don't worry about all these guys and their dickflipping over brand names. DPMS SASS is a fine rifle, if that's what you want buy it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The DPMS will always be an Armalite copy. </div></div>

If you can explain to me how every DI AR on the market is not a scaled-up or scaled-down version of Stoner's rifle I'm willing to listen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[The rifle available today is not the same rifle that was offered as the military version, as you stated...it's an evolution of the prototype, </div></div>The SASS is better than the prototype. DPMS learned some hard lessons in the contract bid and applied them to the SASS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ...using extrusions instead of forgings</div></div>
The notion that an extruded receiver is lower quality is a myth. The extrusion process benefits the billet that's fed into it much the same way that forging benefits the metal. Extrusion has the added benefit of reducing finishing time. It still gets machined like a forged unit. I can't speak for all DPMS offerings but the SASS's receiver makes my Colt receiver look cheap by comparison. It's very nicely done and the machining is about flawless.

Planes flying over your house are full of very critical aluminum structural parts that have been extruded.

Is the DPMS SASS capable of killing hogs at 600 yards with the 18" barrel or do i need something else. I think this is the gun i will go with, i found it for around 1700.00, not a bad deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DIESEL758</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the DPMS SASS capable of killing hogs at 600 yards with the 18" barrel or do i need something else. I think this is the gun i will go with, i found it for around 1700.00, not a bad deal. </div></div>If I were going to routinely shoot at 600yds, as a general rule I might lean towards something with a longer barrel, but the SASS should do fine and the shorter barrel will benefit you in the bush. Just know that a one inch group at 100 yards turns into a 6 inch group at 600 providing that atmospherics (and the shooter) are perfect. That's a good price...I paid $1900 and change for mine a year ago.

I was thinking about just building one off there website from the LR 308 24" and build up from there, it comes out to be cheaper but the wait time is longer that i want to wait. Does anybody know how the DPMS LR338 FEDERAL stack up to the SASS as far as 600 yard shots on hogs. I am just trying to way all my options before i jump in. Sorry for so many questions.

I think a .308 is still carrying more than enough energy to take down a hog at 600.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think a .308 is still carrying more than enough energy to take down a hog at 600. </div></div>
Sure is. I have family that hunt Elk with .308

Diesel,. I know your looking for something now,. But unless it us exactly what you want I would suggest building it yourself,. Or at least having one built to your specs It will take longer but you get the exact rifle you want, and it's usually cheaper.

I built mine up from parts I got here and there,.. Saved me about $200 or so over the closest factory built gun at the time (AR-10TBNF) the extra $$$ is always nice to put towards good glass or ammo. I can't tell you where to look for non Armalite stuff,. But 762SASS.com & Armalite are good places to start. Also if your using a scope and need a better charging handle the BCM gunfighter is just about perfect for my needs.

Is "a place to shoot" still on the south side of S.A?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruzie27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Diesel,. I know your looking for something now,. But unless it us exactly what you want I would suggest building it yourself,. Or at least having one built to your specs It will take longer but you get the exact rifle you want, and it's usually cheaper.

I built mine up from parts I got here and there,.. Saved me about $200 or so over the closest factory built gun at the time (AR-10TBNF) the extra $$$ is always nice to put towards good glass or ammo. I can't tell you where to look for non Armalite stuff,. But 762SASS.com & Armalite are good places to start. Also if your using a scope and need a better charging handle the BCM gunfighter is just about perfect for my needs.

Is "a place to shoot" still on the south side of S.A? </div></div>The AR10 section of the calssifieds at AR15.com is also a good place for AR10 stuff. It's also a good website for tech info on the AR10, but be prepared to weed through the nonsense.

Thanks for the info i will give the websites a look at. Yes "A PLACE TO SHOOT" is still there.