• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS Mk 12

KAman9803

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2008
Hattiesburg, MS
So I have a chance to pick up a brand new one for a pretty good deal and am trying to find out a little about it. Search didn't really come up with much so just curious if anyone has one. Mainly just wondering what kind of accuracy to expect and how well the 1-8" barrel shoots the heavier bullets.

Re: DPMS Mk 12

Google is your friend for stuff like this.

Yes they are accurate rifles considering it's a 160$ barrel.

1:8 is fine for every kind of 223 bullet that can be mag fed and a few like the 80gr that cannot. It is the best twist rate for a 223 rifle.

edit: I would certainly consider buying one, same for the 308 model provided I got to inspect it first. DPMS build quality can be fickle...

For what it's worth, the guys at GPS Sniper School were pushing this rifle for a while. They spoke very highly of it.

I have a DPMS Mk12 barrel in my custom SPR. It's a very accurate barrel. Bill Graves with GPS Defense has been pulling 0.5MOA with the DPMS Mk12 out to 900yds using Mk262 Mod1 ammo. I find this very believable, as I am currently pulling 0.460MOA with my own custom Mk262 Mod1 handloaded variant (note that the flyer was shooter error and I called it and knew it when it happened).
You won't have to worry about the accuracy of the gun. What you will have to worry about, however, is the build quality of the gun. I would much rather recommend that you build your own rifle and just use a Mk12 barrel, as opposed to buying the whole DPMS rifle. The barrel is a phenomenal deal at only $180,

img_3283.jpg

img_4833.jpg