• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS MK12 7.62 Muzzle Brake

Re: DPMS MK12 7.62 Muzzle Brake

Yes, the JP will fit. 5/8-24 is standard thread for a 30 cal. barrel. DPMS makes a muzzle brake as well. I have one my rifle. It works and cost around $60.00 from Midway when they have them in stock.

I have read other reviews on the PWS, but do you mind describing your findings? Reduced recoil? Increased noise around the shooter? Any input and opinions appreciated!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dog Doc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have read other reviews on the PWS, but do you mind describing your findings? Reduced recoil? Increased noise around the shooter? Any input and opinions appreciated! </div></div>

It replaced the stock birdcage on my 16" DPMS 308, and muzzle rise and recoil is a vast improvement over stock. I have not noticed much of a noise difference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Utnapishtim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the PWS a better brake than the JP? </div></div>

I have a friend working on recoil reducing technology and part of what I've worked with him on testing are both the PWS and JB. According to the accelerometer, the PWS reduces more actual recoil.

Noise levels will always increase when you redirect blast gasses back toward yourself. But it typically isn't enough to bother you.... well, assuming you are indeed wearing ear protection.