• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors DPMS SASS... Is it Suppressor capable?

REL1203

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2010
Centreville, VA
Having recently purchased a DD DDM4 and a DPMS SASS, was thinking of getting a suppressor for one of them, mostly for accuracy, so the SASS made more sense to start with (if there is one made for both, total bonus)... Are there any Suppressors out there that can work with my SASS and what would I need to do to get the SASS ready for it?

Re: DPMS SASS... Is it Suppressor capable?

I second the nomination for the AAC 762-SD.

I've used it on several DPMS AR10's and it works excellently.

It (the 762-SD) also works very well on the AR15 rifle (your DDM4) as it can also use a mount that works with the 762SD.

It sounds almost as good as a dedicated 5.56mm can... but it is a little bigger than a dedicated 5.56mm can. If a little extra length / weight doesn't bother you, then the 762SD works GREAT as a cross platform suppressor.

And then you don't have to decide which one to suppress... you can suppress both of them
smile.gif

Semper Fidelis

Better trigger ( must have )
Gas buster charging handle ( not major but nice to have )
Adjustable gas block ( may not need but nice to have )

lots of ammo ( must have ) - have fun

I shoot a DPMS SASS with a Gemtech HVT. It can get really dirty when you shoot it. I am waiting for a 308 adjustable gas block. I think there may be one I still need to do some research. What surprised me about my SASS was when I put the suppressor on it I had very minor POI change.

7.62sd qd gets my vote, damn good dual suppressor platform, I had on on a ruger sr556 worked almost as well as a dedicated 556 can and has a bigger diameter for barrel venting and doesn't leave your host weapon as dirty due to backpressure as a 556 can will

AAC 762SD gets my vote also. Any time you run a suppressor on a automatic of any type it will get dirty fast. Some guns will tolerate it better than others. Adjustable gas blocks are nice to have, but every automatic I have shot suppressed worked without it.

HVT on my SASS has minimal (.5MOA) POI shift as well, very quiet, solid, great can.

I have an AR-10 t with a Shark suppressor,using an adjustable gas block I got from Paladin Machine Services(803-475-7542)Shoots like a dream-minimal poi change(0.25 moa vertical),sounds like a .22 short with factory ammo.essentially the same rifle as a DPMS(I have both)but alas,the parts don't all interchange..Waiting to get my DPMS threaded by Tornado Technologies-best in the business,imho..