• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

dpms sass Question

gunfreak101

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2010
Alabama,
I am new to SH so hello to everyone. I have a DPMS SASS and would like to install some KNS recision anti rotational pins. What size do I need to get.

Re: dpms sass Question

If you are not going to machine the hole larger the stock hole from ( KNS) is .154 the next over size is .001 larger. measure your hole and go from there.

Good luck with that. When you get it have some one with a accurate 0-1 outside mic check the part.

Unless you have worn trigger/hammer pin holes, the standard factory pins are 0.154" which is what you'll need to order to fit your SASS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GMR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is there any reason for adding this item if there is nothing currently wrong? </div></div>
I have had my pins come lose before on a new rifle so I run these on every single one I own. Pin can come lose and you are out of the game.

Watch out for the bolt hold open screw, that little bugger came out on me three times no matter how much loctite or force I put on it and mine is now somewhere between Elko and Reno. Thankfully it's not necessary for function.

almost sounds like the hole wasnt threaded or the threads are stripped if it keeps backing out. bummer spot to have an issue. i like it over the roll pin on an ar15 though