• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS SASS

rrflyer

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2008
DFW, TX
Anybody have any experience with the DPMS SASS 18"?

Havent been ablel to find much in the way of range reports or reviews on them...and I've got an itch for a semi .308.

Re: DPMS SASS

I was shooting out at 750 yds on Memorial day with my DPMS LR.308-B. It was pretty windy (15 VRB) and my first time at that range, but we hit about 75% of our shots. I'm getting 1 MOA results @100. (I have proof if you need it). But like BCP said, they are heavy beast!!

308LR-BPNG-1.png

750ydtarget.png

The gun I just built is a SASS with a Apex hand guard. It shoots sub moa. But it is heavy even with a 10.4 ounce hand guard

I have a DPMS SASS in 308 and a DPMS Mini Sass in 5.56. I find them to be very accurate within reason and they work well mechanically. The SASS shot 1 MOA consistently but at times could make to 3/4 MOA with hand loads. I think it is a fun rifle to go out and shoot paper or steel with and are reasonably priced. There are cheaper 308 and more expensive but I find they are worth the money spent. I did send my 308 to GAP for a Bartlein barrel but that was more preference than anything else.