• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

dpms sweet 16

SEREK82

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
SAN ANTONIO TEXAS
Gentlemen, I'm looking for an AR-15 set up specifically short,light weight and accurate,for hog hunts and target as i love shooting paper and developing sweet loads.DPMS has a sweet 16 ss bbl varmint style but compact. My question is does anybody have this set up how do you like it and is it practical for both hunting and target shooting.

I know this is my first post so if i did something wrong please correct me. I used the search for this topic/review in many different ways i found nothing. Any suggestions please i'm new to ar's i have shot jp and colt ar set up but bolt guns are my addiction.

Re: dpms sweet 16

I'm signed up for DPMS newsletters/specials. About two months ago, they did complete Sweet 16 upper w/BCG for $200 off ($400), and I couldn't pass it up. After getting it on paper, I did 5 shots from the bench at 100 with some 69MK ammo I had loaded up and they went into 5/8". Can't speak for all of them, but I'm quite impressed with the one that I got! Also can't speak to hog hunting with a 223, but don't see why it wouldn't work, using proper pills.

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill i'm ordering the 16" upper from midway today. I looked at some of the reviews all were happy with this product.
Very exited to purchase my first AR setup!!

Sweet gun. I too bought the upper when it was on sale ($444) and threw it on a DPMS lower purchased from rrarms.com and had myself a Sweet 16 for under $700.

Accurate and convenient. It is my go-to coyote rig.

Don't know about .223 on hogs. If the round is good for hog hunting (I'm not sure why it wouldn't be), the gun will be great. Sorry I can't help you more there.

Alot of people on here will probably tell you not to buy it, but I have owned a sweet 16 it was a real shooter after I installed a aftermarket trigger. Mine really liked 69smk's with varget powder.

I have one and like it. I agree with bebberson on the trigger upgrade. I hunt with mine regularly. It shoots 1 1/2 moa with cheap factory ammo easily. I can get fmj's shoot 1 moa w/ handloads. I use vmax's and sierra gamekings to hunt with and handloaded these will shoot 3/4 moa at 100yds.