• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS308 LRT BOLT CATCH PIN ROMOVAL HELP

SHO~BIZ308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2011
USA
I just orderd a Extended Bolt Release from phase5 {http://www.phase5tactical.com/products/308-dpms-type/extended-bolt-release-v2308-ebrv2308}
when I went to install it,I realized the catch pin was recessed inside of the DPMS lower and did not pass threw the opposite side as the AR-15/223. So my question is how do I remove this pin so I can disaaemble the bolt cath assembly and install the new upgraded one.I cant fig out how to remove the pin.

Re: DPMS308 LRT BOLT CATCH PIN ROMOVAL HELP

IIRC you use a 1/16 allen wrench to screw it out. A ball end wrench helps.

I believe a little blue loctite is used from to keep it in place at assembly time too. So, a little heat can help remove it once you've selected the correct allen key.

Thanks guys for your help,once fig out it was a 1/16 allen screw it came out fairly easy / with no heat,but once installed it was a little play{looseness in it} but it function great and looked great--alot better than the first one with ugly green logo.