• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Draco-C

salmonaxe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2007
Lynnwood, WA
Just something fun and silly. Noisy flame maker.

Was somewhat of a pain/challenge to modify the gas tube. Even worse was getting the grip adapter to actually work. (Loads of grinding a, ended up epoxying it together in order to get it to seat proper and finally made a small aluminum wedge for the bolt head inside the grip so that it wouldn't pull away from the trigger guard.)

Looks neato tho.

Re: Draco-C

That is pretty rocking for silly. I bet it is one heck of a thing to shoot. Think it would look mean with a can, just my opinion. Either way, very cool

I've been considering getting a can permanently attached since I can't do SBR's in my state. Would be cool to get one that was shorter and wider in order to just make legal length. But it's a whole lot of cash to dump into an AK.

Someone here posted a can like this. Kinda looked like a soda can on the end.

Wow, that is pretty cool looking. What did you start with on that; A regular 47, 74, or was it a pistol to start with?

Pistol. It's in the title. Draco-C. They're old Romanian carbines/SBRs that they rebuilt with new receiver as a pistol. Somehow they can get them in country as a sporting pistol, so parts count doesn't matter. Because of this they build them in Romania with all Romanian parts. All the parts look like they'd never been issued. The original gun mine was made from was made in the 1960's.

Before this they made a plain Draco with no -C suffix. I guess these ones were all new manufacture and even used some USA parts. (G2 trigger) It's hard to say which would be more desirable. It was super cheap, like $350.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been considering getting a can permanently attached since I can't do SBR's in my state. Would be cool to get one that was shorter and wider in order to just make legal length. But it's a whole lot of cash to dump into an AK.

Someone here posted a can like this. Kinda looked like a soda can on the end. </div></div>
Delta P suppressor, google it.
Dave on here has one and its a blast to shoot with. Pretty darn quiet.

Yeah, I'd also like to know what rail system is on this pistol. Anybody know?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fjef</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, I'd also like to know what rail system is on this pistol. Anybody know? </div></div>

I am pretty sure its this

http://www.ultimak.com/ACR2.htm

hopefully the OP will chime in. Funny how that damn rail costs almost as much as the gun! I am strongly considering picking one of these up, and if its a shooter make it a SBR with one of those AR stock conversion kits.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Delta P suppressor, google it.
Dave on here has one and its a blast to shoot with. Pretty darn quiet. </div></div>

http://www.deltapdesign.com/suppressors/brevis-7-62-suppressor

url]

A bit pricey for permanent attachment on an AK. I asked if he'd bore out his 5.56 can to 30 cal for use on the AK. He said he can't enlarger the smaller bore for a larger caliber.

I still might consider it. Also if you think Tim might do something like this, I should give him a ring.