• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dracos Barrels

siraltitude

Bounty Hunter
Minuteman
Hello!
New member here just joined up this morning after finding this site doing a search for reviews on Dracos Barrels.
That being said, I am currently building a 6.5 Creedmoor to my collection and can't decide on barrel to go with. I am choosing between the JP Barrel, Ballsitic Advantage and Dracos Barrel. It is going to be a bench gun for target shooting.
I understand Dracos barrels was just recently released as a stand alone barrel back earlier this summer so can't really find many reviews on them yet just a couple of threads on here about them, which I have been reading. So, I am just wondering are the ones that have the Dracos very satisfied and what sold you on the barrel? Are these barrels as accurate as a BA barrel which is 1/3 of the cost of a Dracos? I have talked with Dracos and they do recommend an adjustable gas key for main gas adjustment and fine tune the dwell with the intergrated gas block on the barrel, so all that I do understand and if I go with a Dracos, I plan on getting a rubber City Armory Titanium HP BCG with adjustable gas key that weighs in at 12oz which is a little less weight then the JP low mass I have already bought for this build which weighs in at 14.2oz I believe. The one thing I like about JP barrel it comes with a matched HP bolt, where as the BA and Dracos does not, is this going to matter much? If I do the JP barrel builder kit, I can also get an adjustable gas block along with blended muzzle brake and thermal dissipator about the same price as the Dracos stand alone barrel with no muzzle brake. Both JP and Dracos has the +2 rifle length gas system, where the BA just has rifle system length gas port. Also, if I go with the BA I may get their 24" barrel instead of the 22"
So, I guess to sum it up. Is the cost difference on the JP and Dracos really worth it in accuracy compared to the BA and if so, which is the better barrel between the JP and Dracos?

Opinions please!

Dracos has been a very good barrel but it has taken me a while to get everything adjusted to run just right. JP is always a good choice but I like the looks of the Dracos better. I guess I'm vain

I just finished my build using a Dracos barrel in 6.5CM. Got an FDE barrel but decided to paint it metallic blue. Anyway, I'm running the Falkor Adjustable BCG. My velocity using factory Hornady 140 ELD is 2,690 at a DA of 5100. I don't have photos of the groups I shot but the worst was a little over 1moa with the best being 1/2 moa. I'm happy with the barrel so far. Also yes, it does look pretty cool :). One thing to remember is, if you go with a Dracos you will want to make sure the inner diameter of your chosen handguard is as large as possible. The diameter of the barrel is 1.2". I'm using an SLR handguard with an ID of 1.3, it fits no problem but it is awful close. Everything free floats just fine, I guess I'm saying make sure whichever handguard you chose make sure its large enough to fit the barrel.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/farm5.staticflickr.com\/4476\/37726845801_88d886de63_b.jpg"}[/IMG2]2017-10-15_10-23-49 by Paul SD, on Flickr