• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Drag bag / shooting mat?

Rynham9

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2012
Enid, OK
Wondering what the best drag bag is that opens up to a shooting mat. I have a buddy that just got a Nstar that looks ok but I don't have anything to compare to. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Drag bag / shooting mat?

http://www.grtgear.com/
or
http://www.triadtactical.com/MOLLE-Style-LE-Hybrid-Sniper-Rifle-Carrier.html

I think you would be happy with those two, just my opinion. Never handled much ncstar equipment, but the ones that I have handled I wasn't very impressed with quality. Seemed more comparable to condor quality. Eagle and GRT are built very well. I would pay the extra to have one with higher quality rather then buy a nc star and replace it down the line. Hope it helps

-Mkv

Thanks Mkv. Those 2 most be very popular. Grtgear only supporting Miltary and LEO as of right now and Triad are backordered. I will keep checking back. The Nstar did look cool but felt cheap. Not knocking them just saying you are probably right about durability. Thanks again.

There actually have been quite a few good reviews about the Nstar but most people dont like Chinese made stuff. I personally just ordered one after readingmany good reviews from here and because the fact they are about half the price of any other shooting bag/mat combo out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohn141</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There actually have been quite a few good reviews about the Nstar but most people dont like Chinese made stuff. I personally just ordered one after readingmany good reviews from here and because the fact they are about half the price of any other shooting bag/mat combo out there. </div></div>

Bigjohn, I didn't mean to knock the Ncstar. Us Oklahoma boys gotta stick together. Lol. You are right, I think my buddy paid about 70 bucks for a good looking digital camo one. The gun support on the inside looked like it left a little to be desired and the PVC lining concerned me in cold weather. Can't beat the price though. Let me know what you think once you get it in if you don't mind. Thanks.

Will do. I ordered mine today from Cheaper Than Dirt for $65 so it should be here tomorrow or Wednesday probably.

my friend used one this past year and it worked fairly well. it could have used a bit more padding but it was much cheaper as you guys have seen. he was comparing it to some that hes seen in the 250-300 range.

It had enough room to fit his 26" rem 700 w/ a scope and seemed to be made decent enough. it definitely beat my set of the drag bag + mat. it was much quicker to get setup and shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohn141</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will do. I ordered mine today from Cheaper Than Dirt for $65 so it should be here tomorrow or Wednesday probably. </div></div>

they arnt bad, but wont hold up to harsh use, they are 600d over 1000d and not as water proof, the stitching is no where as good.. my buddy has 1.. but other then that, not bad...

S.O. Tech all the way. Buy once, cry once. They stand behind their products as well.

specopstech.com

If you do some digging on the internet, you can find their stuff for a few bucks cheaper on other sites like skdtactical.com.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the eagle bag for 120ish but can't find them anywhere. I am using the VOODOO tactical one now and like it alot as well. </div></div>

+1 on the Voodoo Tactical. The only thing I didn't like was the pockets on the outside. When I unfolded it to use as the shooting mat it wouldn't lay flat. I ended up removing the outside pouches and had no issues after that. Good piece of gear.

I have a Voodoo Tactical Drag Bag as well. I like it too, but I have had problems with a few of the snaps on the top coming apart. Other than that it is high quality and comparable to the SO Tech bags. After trying the two, I have a personal preference in the SO Tech.

Seth, thank you for your service!