• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Drag bag?

Austincqc

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2010
TX, USA
Any suggestions for a drag bag? Brand? Options?

If something was total crap, please PM me so that I know without this thread turning into a "let's bash XYZ brand." Thanks!

Re: Drag bag?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you actually dragging or are you looking for a soft rifle case. That makes a big difference. </div></div>

Good and accurate point.

is it actually going to see the drag.....or just a bag.....

Eagle and TacOps seem to be the most popular towards the upper end of the quality/price spectrum. I do believe the TacOps is the overal favorite, but I've never had my hands on one.

I have the Eagle drag bag in multicam, purchased from triad. Outstanding quality and design and I have had zero problems. While I don't use it for "dragging" , It can hold everything I need for the range in one package. Lifetime warranty as well. I would say, that eagle offers a hybrid, with integrated mat, so that is an option. I just throw in my TAB gear mat.

Overall:
- great overall package, highly recommend
- If you are actually going to use it to drag a rifle on a stalk, something simpler/smaller should be looked at.
- If you plan on hiking with it, look at Eberlestock
- The Eagle is a jack of all trades, and great at that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you actually dragging or are you looking for a soft rifle case. That makes a big difference. </div></div>

Good and accurate point.

<span style="font-weight: bold">is it actually going to see the drag.....or just a bag.....</span> </div></div>

+1, very very good point!! especially like the way Chiller puts it
smile.gif

I'm trying to plan ahead. Within the next 12-18 months I'll find a course at RO (3 hour drive for me). I don't know if I'll be doing any dragging there or not, but thought it might be needed.

Otherwise just looking for a soft case. I'm going to get a VooDoo 36" for my ARs since it has space for two rifles and was thinking the 42" will work for my 20" barreled rifles.

Good point on the drag.

Get a TAB cover, TAB sling, TAB mat and TAB rear bag, no DB required at Rifles Only

I know im not going to be all high-speed hard core doing legit dragging with a bag.

Theres a tac-force bag at our BX going for a hair over 100. Realistically i wont use all of its features, so im looking at the Midwayusa "drag bag", on sale for $64

All i want its a long storage bag for my rifle/cleaning rod/extra crap, that works like a backpack, and doubles as a mat, when i venture off from the staging area.

sorry for the slight thread jack, but be honest with what you need it for.

Eagle is what I used back in the day when I was doing lots of stalking.

When I was shopping on my own dime I bought a Condor (this was before I started sewing my own gear). I did a few stalks with the Condor and now it keeps the rifle safe when it in the trunk of the squad.

It's not anywhere near the quality of the Eagle and NOT US made, but it works.

http://www.8541tactical.com/condor_dragbag.php

Gotta toss out a plug for tactical tailor! They sent a bunch of stuff to us on our last trip across the pond, and the drag bags are top notch!

for an inexpensive option get a tacforce from cstactical or a better option is the eagle from triad steve is a helluva guy.