• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Drag Bags

Polizei45

Student of the Bolt Action Rifle
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2013
Hamburg, NY
I'm looking to get a new rifle bag / case for my AIAT. With the stock unfolded and muzzle break, I need a minimum of 48" and want backpack shoulder straps. I like the Tactical Operations Large Drag bag, the Eberlestock Sniper Sled Drag bag. The are both in the same price range. I have read the reviews and they are both great bags. I like having the mini shooting mat in the Tactical Operations Drag Bag. Then I found the 52" Condor Drag bag for almost 1/3 the price. Anyone have a review on the Condor bag?

I haven't tried any of the drag bags but I have been looking at them on Midway. They have the Eberlestock on sale for $223.99. They also have the Midway Sniper Drag Bag Tactical Rifle Case in Jungle for $30. [h=1][/h]

I have a midway drag bag, the zippers on it suck FYI. I like the bag, but zippers not staying on their "track" is a deal breaker for me. There are a few guys I know with the Eberlestock, pricey but really well made.

Condor bag works great. I have used it for over a year. I would buy another if needed. I don't think anyone here actually would use a drag-bag like it is designed to be used. Cant see myself paying $300-$400 for a soft carry bag.

I have a midway drag bag, the zippers on it suck FYI. I like the bag, but zippers not staying on their "track" is a deal breaker for me. There are a few guys I know with the Eberlestock, pricey but really well made.

I will second this. Have the same Midway bag. The zippers and stitching suck in a lot of areas. The backpack straps are a joke too, and mine came installed upside down from they way the should have been.

OP- The Eberlstock or Condor would perform far and away above the Midway if you are going to be hefting this thing around for any significant distance.

I have a condor and it's held up well, but it's just used to transport and some short hikes to shooting locations. Don't put it on your back and walk through your house if you have any low hanging lights!

Thanks guys for your reviews and the heads up sale at Midway. I'm going to order the Eberlestock tonight. Great price.

Eberlestock is a great bag...love mine and I have had a few including TacOps which is also really nice. Slightly different features and configuration. Both of these are head and shoulders above the rest

I have the Eberlestock and one of the Midway bags.. The Midway bag is good, has its place.. But there is NO comparison between the two. The Eberle is seriously built tough.. Heavy duty. I carry everything in mine. Prolly weighs 60 lbs with a 15lb rifle and all my crap in it. It rides nice in the shoulder straps too.. theres also enough pad in it that unfolds so you can use it as a mat if you want. Really a good universal bag.

I had the same dilemma a while back and looked at both of the bags you mentioned. I ended up getting the TacOps drag bag from euro optic. I got the larger size and have been happy with it. It's very well made and I liked the mat that folded up and fit in the pocket. I also liked all of the pockets on it and some of the other features. I've had zero issues with it and while it's not as comfortable as a backpack, the straps do work. If I had to do it all over again, I'd look at both these bags. I've never gotten to put hands on the eberlestock drag bag so I really can't give you a comparison between the two but the rest of my eberlestock gear is top notch. I'd say you couldn't go wrong with either. The one grip I have about mine is that the Euro Optic name cam embroidered on the bag and I would have rather not had that.

My Eberlestock Drag bag is on it's way. It was a price you couldn't beat from Midway. $237 with shipping.

The London Bridge LBT-1655A is excellent. Saw plenty of the original version in use by NSW many moons ago. I have had an Eagle Industries bag for a couple decades that is as durable as they come.

The London Bridge LBT-1655A is excellent. Saw plenty of the original version in use by NSW many moons ago. I have had an Eagle Industries bag for a couple decades that is as durable as they come.

I also have an Eagle... while nice the TacOps bag referenced 1 post above yours is what the Eagle bag should have/could have been...;)!

The only drag bag I've ever owned is the Tactical Tailor bag.. but I live right next to them, and hit their in store only 50% off sales so it was hard to pass up. I don't have anything to compare it to - but I do like it quite a bit. I don't actually use it for a drag bag, I just use it as a rifle case with extra storage. I wish it had more PALS webbing on it so I could attach my suppressor pouch, but other than that - it's very solid.

I have 2 US PeaceKeepers drag bags. They work great have back pack straps. One of my rifle weighs 26lbs and I have no problems with the bag holding it and keeping it closed.
Big solid zippers and loads of pockets.
Bought it from them directly.
Looks exactly like the tack op bag w/o the lettering.
Thud

I've had the opportunity to use my Eberlstock Drag bag to the range a few times now. Great bag, very well made. I wanted a side zipper opening bag as opposed to the top opening backpack bag. I have the Maverick 41 Drag bag from Mile High Shooting. Great bag also and very very well made. It's just a pain to take my rifle in and out if just going to the range. If I need to carry my rifle a long distance I would pick the Maverick 41 bag. I like the backpack straps better on the Maverick 41 bag. Thanks again.

When trying to make a similar decision, I found a good sale on a Voodoo Tactical drag bag. While the Voodoo bag is not in the same class as the Eberlestock or TacOps, it's held up just fine for about three years of use. Having spent a lot of money of the rifle and optics, it is nice to find less than top-of-the-line accessories that are still "good enough" at affordable prices.

Attachments

• IMG_3969.JPG
    IMG_3969.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3970.JPG
    IMG_3970.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 63