• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dreadnaught Industries LLC AR15 lowers

LongArm

Problem Solver
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2007
Corpus Christi, Texas
Dreadnaught Industries LLC. Has anyone had seen or heard of them. They are based out of Texas and supposed to be good? I am looking at getting a lower and heard that they were "very good".

Re: Dreadnaught Industries LLC AR15 lowers

yep but they claim to use 7071 aluminum, there is no such thing. How ever my smith said they were the best of the best?

They probably meant 7075 or 6061....considering their webpage sucks I wouldn't doubt it.

As to your smith saying they are the best of the best......Ya. I highly doubt DI actually made those, they are probably forged at the same handful of places that just about every other forging is done at.

Dreadnaught makes good stuff. I do believe they are 7075 (edited). They may not be super sexy but they will be dimensionally correct.

With the glut of receivers put out in the last few years to take advantage of gun control paranoia there were quite a few brands that didn't come close to getting the dimensions rights.

Being from Corpus who's you're gunsmith?

I wouldn't buy any upper made of 6061, when getting one made of 7075 costs the same. There is a big difference between the two.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongArm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Benny Hill maker of the "rolling thunder" </div></div>

That is what I suspected.

Next time you see him tell the little bowling ball Craig said hello
shocked.gif