• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Droid ballistic calculator app review

Doc Holiday13

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2008
LoCo, VA
My whole purpose today was equipment check.
I didn't shoot any reloads, just cheapy $12 a box Federal 180g soft point.
I had to zero my scope for the rifle, find POI shift with the suppressor(suppressor will boost MV), and see how well the droid Shooter app worked(http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/tools/shooter-ballistics_fqyd.html?nav=mfta)

Well first off the ballistic calc is fantastic. You can establish profiles for each of your guns. Under a profile you can setup a number of different bullet weight loads with chrono data(temp, altitude, pressure, etc) and it will output a ballistic table based on current conditions(can be manually inputted or automatically downloaded by the phone) Once you have your dope chart displayed, you can adjust your velocity(say you had to chrono your loads before a match and the velocity was different than what was in the used data) and it will automatically adjust the doping data.

Once I had the rifle zeroed at 100 with and without suppressor, i had the calc give me scope adjustments for 200 and 300 yards. 200 yards was on the money, 300 yards was 2" low. But I was still on the 6" circle, which is what I wanted. This speaks very highly of the calculator and krieger barrel because of the sub-par ammo and i still haven't swapped out the 10.lb military trigger. The ammo is capable of roughly 1-1 1/4" MOA.

I highly suggest this product because it, by all appearances, seems to be accurate and easy to use

Re: Droid ballistic calculator app review

Hmmm, when i get a chance to get stretch my legs and get out past 100yds with my 223, i'll give this app a shot. I Dl'd it a while ago, but i just never remember to use it when i hit the range.

I have the app as well (Shooter). It is a great product and the interface is well done! The results are as accurate as your inputs. There are other post on this subject on this site as well.

I have used it out to about 800 yds with good success. It is accurate and easy to use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JW Snydes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now if I could just get my droid battery to last more than half a day. </div></div>
If you figure that out let me know!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JW Snydes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now if I could just get my droid battery to last more than half a day. </div></div>

This may help... good luck I'm getting myself an Incredible for christmas!
http://www.droidapps.org/battery-widget-check-your-droid-battery/

Mike

Also check out the "Advanced Task Killer" app in the market, same theory and I know its free... maybe use them in combination and your battery life should go up!

Mike

The problem with the droid battery life, besides all the apps that are running continuously, is that if you go outside of 3g or and substantial coverage areas, your phone will kill itself in a couple hours trying to find the networks. When I am using it as a Ballistics calculator, I disable mobile networks, and GPS functions. Sure the atmospheric auto update doesn't work anymore, but at least you still have a ballistics calculator.

The other thing that you can do, is to put it into airplane mode, that shuts down the phone from trying to connect to networks or allowing anything to connect to it, and your battery life will last a full day of crunching numbers in Shooter.....

As for the program, I sold by ASUS and Exbal. Shooter is top notch.

Shooter is a great app. I think Exbal and similar others will be passe very shortly.

I'm getting a 3500mah battery to address the power issues. I'm sick of having to charge every three hours.

I wonder if there are different batteries for the Droid. I use mine all day, every day and never run out.

I agree Doc, I just finished my muzzleloader hunt where I had data plugged in the <span style="font-style: italic">Shooter</span> app on my Droid-X. At the range, I was able to hit out to 350 yards with a 12 mph crosswind using my .45 cal ML. I was prepped for the hunt, but the muleys did not cooperate. Overall I really like the program.

Last week I was on the 600 yard line with my TRG22. I fed my data in for my handload( 155scenar/2900fps) and my scope height. The Shooter App gave me 3.7 mils for elevation at 600, and it turned out to be 3.6mils when I confirmed my zero. I'm very pleased with the app.

If you are having battery problems, try putting the phone in "Airplane" mode. This will help conserve power.
Also, load the "Power Control" widget on the main screen....or the screen you use when you are shooting. This helps you remember what is enabled and what is not......also helping to save power.

I have had accurate dope with this app out to 1180 yards. As long as all your cartridge and rifle data are accurate then the dope will be as well.

Mine has been very accurate too. When you go to the solution/graph section there is an option to email the graph. I can't get mine to email the graph. It says 'sending' but I never get the email. Anyone else have this problem with Shooter?

I just got this app. Cant wait it will be interesting to see how it works.