• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

droid GPS apps?

GUNNER10

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2005
Va
hey ive noticed a couple apps on the droid marketplace that seem interesting.

as right now i dont have a long range laser range finder and i was wondering if any of you guys know of any good apps that would allow me to set various target position as gps coordinates/wayponts and allow me to get a real time distance to taget from my current shooting position

Re: droid GPS apps?

Maps Ruler.

It uses google maps. Zoom in to where you are and mark that point, mark the point where your target is and then it calculates the range. Easy.

Almost don't need a rangefinder.

another for gps status, I have checked it against a bushnell fusion, and got the same readings from both, to the yard.

checked out map ruler, seems pretty good, going to give the others a look as well

thanks for the heads up guys

how do you use google maps to measure. every time i try and zoom in i get cut off and error message saying unavailable

how do you use google maps to measure. every time i try and zoom in i get cut off and error message saying unavailable