• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Droid or I phone for shooting apps

rmbgreen

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2009
South Carolina
I use Knights app on my I pod and I am either going to get a Droid or an I phone. Which one has the best apps for shooting

Re: Droid or I phone for shooting apps

Ive owned both and am a huge fan of the Shooter app for the droid. The simplicity of the design and the developer is constantly making great updates. He also listens to ideas by the end user. Highly recommend

They both have good apps. Pick your phone first, but IMO why buy the same app twice? Stick with what you know.

I love shooter for android. There is also a bluetooth plugin for the app that allows you to send info from a bt. compatable kestrel.

I don't have a Droid and as such have never used the apps available for that platform.

I do use KAC Bulletflight and Ballistic FTE for the iPhone. They work quite well, although the more I work with it the more I have been leaning towards Bulletflight for my go-to app.

+1 for Shooter

i would like to switch to an iPhone but shooter is the one thing holding me back. I won't switch until then...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adkmtnman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so shooter is worth the 9.99 for Droid?
</div></div>

Well worth the $9.99 without a doubt !

until recently, AT&T had no cell coverage over most of south dakota and as such, no one could get, would want or had an iPhone. Now that this has changed, we have the option, but I would still rather keep one of the phones that runs the Droid OS and rock Shooter NO QUESTION.

I used KAC Bullet Flight and Ballistic FTE on my iTouch for almost a year before I got a phone that ran Droid (HTC Eris) and I was immediately impressed.

Another vote for the Shooter App. Easy to use and works great.

Do you know if Shooter will become available for the i-phone?

I download shooter.... Helluva of an APP.... lots of stuff you can do. Totally unreal. WELL WORTH THE 9.99

Love the fact that by using my GPS, its gets the weather portion...

Thanks Fellas!

+1 to LoneWolfUSMC. I also use Bullet Flight and Ballistics FTE on iPhone (and iTouch - as I don't really need cell or Internet coverage for those) and am <span style="text-decoration: underline">very</span> happy with both.

No experience with Droid or Shooter, but can't imagine it being radically better than either one. After all it's supposed to be just a ballistic calculator - what the heck <span style="text-decoration: underline">can</span> (or should) it do for me besides taking my rifle/cartridge data and the current weather, and spitting out elevation/windage/speed/TOF?

Perhaps a user of Shooter who also used KAC or FTE could pipe in and share his experience? What did he like better, and what he didnt't?

The more and more I use shooter, the more impressed I am. Lots of great features. Love that its creates drop charts and that you can email them in a excel format.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adkmtnman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The more and more I use shooter, the more impressed I am. Lots of great features.</div></div>
OK, and what are those features that you find in Shooter but didn't find in e.g. FTE?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adkmtnman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love that its creates drop charts and that you can email them in a excel format.</div></div>
OK, this is a good start. FTE allows emailing the charts as JPG files, not XLS. Anything else?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mouse07410</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adkmtnman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The more and more I use shooter, the more impressed I am. Lots of great features.</div></div>
OK, and what are those features that you find in Shooter but didn't find in e.g. FTE?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adkmtnman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love that its creates drop charts and that you can email them in a excel format.</div></div>
OK, this is a good start. FTE allows emailing the charts as JPG files, not XLS. Anything else? </div></div>

I never used FTE Mouse.... Only giving my input on Shooter as thats all I have. is FTE on Droid? I'd like to compare the two. I have seen bulletflight (screenshots) That looks pretty impressive.

So, not sure where you got the impression that I used FTE or was even bad mouthing it. I had asked the other day if shooter was worth the 9.99 and I agreed, it is... So far I like it, however, I'd like to compare it with another.

Shooter for droid is great IMO but, its the only shooting app I have used.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mouse07410</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adkmtnman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The more and more I use shooter, the more impressed I am. Lots of great features.</div></div>

OK, this is a good start. FTE allows emailing the charts as JPG files, not XLS. Anything else? </div></div>

LOL, the I-phone nazi!
smile.gif

okie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adkmtnman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so shooter is worth the 9.99 for Droid?
</div></div>

YES

I had a TON of issues with my Droid... supposedly the Droid X is a lot better and the shooting app on it is pretty cool (co-worker has it) I like the iPhone better but have not messed with the shooting apps on it.

Verizon is pretty good and their Droid X is massive. My colleagues drool over it after they jumped on the i-phone bandwagon. I also like that I can get RangeLog on it.

I just dont like anything apple. Shooter has been consistent for me on elevation out to 750yds, within .25 moa. The windage, well thats my problem most likely. I like that it will save all of your profiles off site, then if you switch phones, you can download it, sign in, and their is all your info.

as i have mentioned i am using the iPhone 2G with iStrelok ( and that is all i am using the iphone for )

Shooter is the much much better program.

The issues i have are not with the SHOOTER software ( great ) and not with the Android system but with the Android phones, all of the models i have tested. Nexus One, Nexus S, HTC Desire had the same issue ....I COULDN'T SEE A THING on the displays all the Amoled etc displays have real issues in the sunlight....otherwise i would go back NOW to a Android with shooter.

I have Both, There are no Major advantages between Ballistic FTE and Shooter in my opinion. There are small differences that you will find. I like the BlueToof connectivity with the Kestrel on Shooter. As mentioned before the Ipod/Phone screen is better in the Sun. Put the right Data in, and confirm it and both will do their job.

Shooter has a Manual to give a idea how to use it
Ballistic your told to figure it the fuck out. ($20 for a App the end user should not have to figure it out)

HUD is totally dif on both, but I see no real advantage to either setup.

In the end, if both are in my pocket.... I don't really care which I grab first.

Bring Printed Dope... Battery life Sucks on all of them.