• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Dry Fire Drills

strachan

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2014
Long story short....I've primarily shot DA/SA side arms for the past 15 years of service and recently picked up a Glock (swore I never would but couldn't pass up on the price). What I learned is that I have to shoot this completely different than my Px4 Storm, 92f, and M-9. I also learned that I'm shooting about an inch to the left with the Glock and dead nutts with the DA/SA's. I eventually got the damn thing centered (changed trigger control) sooooo...

What Dry Fire Drills do I need to do in order to dial in my trigger control without sending rounds down range? How do I make sure I'm "drilling" correctly so it translates to actual shooting? I don't want to just rack/fire for hours on end only to A)continue with a bad habit B)not get any benefit out of it.

Any/All suggestions are welcomed and thanks in advance for the assistance!

The best thing I ever done for my dry firing sessions was to get a surestrike laser cartridge. It lets you see POI in relation to POA. I had dry fire practiced for a long time before it, and never learned as much till I started using it.

I like balancing an empty on top of the front of the slide. It needs to stay there every time you dry fire. That's because I'm too cheap to buy a laser. Once you can do it with the head of the case down, turn it upside down. Hell of a lot harder with all the mass at the top. Its cheap and its effective. There is an automatic trigger reset kit available somewhere too just for this situation if you want to get fancy with it.

Reset Trigger Kit for Glock