• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dry tumbled primed cases.

Smallcalshooter

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2019
Started loading some 243 for varmints this spring. Had 50 already primed and 50 I just deprimed. Got up next morning went down and put the 50 cases in the dry tumbler to clean. Ran for about 5hr. Took them out and found I had put the primed ones in the tumbler. I guess it was a good reality check in that it shows how easly accidents could happen. I will be more careful in the future. What does everyone think is the worst that could happen. I'm going to shoot one to see if it fires. It's just a ground hog gun so no worries if it just doesn't go off. Let me know what you all think. Thanks from this humbled reloader.

• Wow
Reactions: J. W.
Visual for media in the flash hole.
Verify none backed out a little.
Shoot a sample watching for a potential squib.
Probably will be fine.

I wouldn’t think cases would be tumbling around hard enough to detonate one in the tumbler, but I still wouldn’t want to put it to the test. Glad that didn’t happen to you.
I think they’d probably still be ok, but I would definitely give each case mouth a good tap on the table to be sure you don’t have media stuck in the flash hole. I doubt you’d have any squibs, but I would damn sure count my bullet holes.

If tumbling with primers were an issue then no manufacturer would do it to loaded ammo (they all do it) and bulk ammo could never be shipped.
Nevermind that you basically have to smack them with the force of hammer to set off.

If tumbling with primers were an issue then no manufacturer would do it to loaded ammo (they all do it) and bulk ammo could never be shipped.
Nevermind that you basically have to smack them with the force of hammer to set off.
I suppose so, but that video of the ejected case setting off rounds in that guy’s ammo box keeps replaying in my head now! 😁
Did not know ammo mfgs tumbled loaded ammo.

Something tells me that video should have thrown up a million BS flags instead.
Could be. I saw other “reputable” folks in the social media/YouTube arena repost it like it’s true, so I assumed it was, but it could definitely be BS. Honestly, that’s more likely.

I looked in the cases but it's hard to see. So I just deprimed a couple and found media in some so I just deprimed them all. This was what I got. I'll throw those old primers in the Armageddon box. Not a very serious screw up just wasted some time. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• 20230216_143819.jpg
    20230216_143819.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 139
I looked in the cases but it's hard to see. So I just deprimed a couple and found media in some so I just deprimed them all. This was what I got. I'll throw those old primers in the Armageddon box. Not a very serious screw up just wasted some time. Thanks for your time.
As long as they pass a visual, there's nothing wrong with those primers

As long as they pass a visual, there's nothing wrong with those primers
Here, let me help you . What's your crystal ball say now ?

20230216_143819-jpg.8076954

BULLSHIT ! Not all makers tumble live ammo . You constantly spit out bullshit that you make up in your mind . Some of which is dangerous...yet you still have people fooled that take your word as legit . You must be so proud , akin to a con-artist in my opinion . What makes you feel the need to lie ?

BULLSHIT ! Not all makers tumble live ammo . You constantly spit out bullshit that you make up in your mind . Some of which is dangerous...yet you still have people fooled that take your word as legit . You must be so proud , akin to a con-artist in my opinion . What makes you feel the need to lie ?
Even if "Not all do," that means some do, which means he is correct. He is also correct that a small piece of corn cob is not going stop a primer explosion. And that tumbling is not going to set off primers.

I would like to see if you could actually articulate what you think he was wrong about.

Last edited:
I’m not lying here:
1676639842688.gif

• Haha
Reactions: NH4X