• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Drying Ghillie Suit?

Zaid

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2009
North California
Hey guys, I just "broke in" my ghillie suit by rolling through the mud and naturally it's rather wet. I know that the conventional way of drying it is to let it sun dry, but I'd like for it to dry a little bit faster. Any ideas or methods to dry it faster? Thanks.

Re: Drying Ghillie Suit?

no idea. i would like to try to use the hair dry to blow it lol. or heat from the fire.

Put a BIG fan on it to keep the air moving around it- this will help. DO NOT tumble dry

you are gonna have to let it air dry. a fan and lots of sun will speed it up. shouldnt take that long. a good hot afternoon and it should be pretty dry

Part of the "Break In" process is for it to dry naturally. This gives it the nice twists in the burlap fibers, and some personality.
If you have a synthetic type and are in some kind of rush, tie it into the back of a pickup, and drive on the freeway. The air circulation should speed it up.
One concept to remember with a Ghillie Suit.
It is SLOW to build
It should move SLOW.
It will dry SLOW.