• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

DS Arms Greywolf in .308

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
I remember drooling over this gun a few years ago. I was wondering if anyone here has actually gotten a chance to run some federal match ammo through one to test for accuracy. FALs are not historically known for good accuracy, but there's a lot of people saying differently about Ds arms. I can see their viewpoint since Arsenal Inc AKs can run 2 moa groups at 100 yards with american eagle ammo. If AKs can do that then why can't a .308 FAL with match bbl do that with 168s?

anyone have any experience with this?

Re: DS Arms Greywolf in .308

I have not actually seen a Grey Wolf in person, but I have seen some custom smithed FALs that would SHOOT! I would be interested in the capabilities with match ammo of both the Grey Wolf as well as the almost $5k SA58 SPR that DSA supposedly submitted for consideration as a SASS rifle.

My only concern is that by tightening up everything on an FAL to make it shoot in the MOA (or even sub-MOA) class, you will end up sacrificing the infamous reliability of the rifle and thus destroying what FAL's were purpose-built to be...phenomenal battle rifles.

Re: DS Arms Greywolf in .308

hmmm think the bolt would have to be tightened up? I can't imagine it being that detrimental to the reliability of the weapon. The Zastava m76s with the new green mountain barrels are sometimes running .5 MOA with the m75 sniper ammo and that's a full blown AK. Personally shot one myself and it's hardly what I'd call tightened up. Not even close. I figure just a good trued up barrel trunion-area(or where a trunion would normally be on an FAL) and a properly fitted and squared off match barrel would be all the FAL would need. That and a decent trigger.