• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DSA FN FAL rear sight removal

nfoley

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2010
Castle Rock, CO
Does anyone have any experience in removing a rear site from an FN FAL. Mine is the DSA variant. Looks like there is a screw on either side to remove and then just push out, just wanted to check to see if anyone has done it. Here are some pics image.jpgimage.jpg

Don't be surprised if that pin beside the screw has to come out also. I have a standard STG parts kit that I just tried to compare, and the rear sight I have is not like what you have. I'm not familiar with how the para/folding stock is held in and whether or not that pin is for the folder adapter only or connected to the sight. Regardless, the sight will probably be snug in it's dovetail, so a couple gentle taps with a brass punch might be required to get it out after the screws (and maybe pin) are removed.