• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DSF for 22LR weirdness

ScottDWallace

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2018
Austin, TX
I was out truing my dope yesterday and something interesting happened. I'm hoping @DocUSMCRetired and the other super smart guys here can help get my feces cohesive. I trued up a few (125, 150, 175, 200) distances and added them to the DSF table. My next entry was to be for 250yd but the Kestrel would not solve for anything beyond 200. Main screen would return 0e 0w/0w. I peeked at cal DSF and the Range indicated "inf mil".

I did NOT perform a cal MV. Could that be the issue? I know the manual says to ensure the MV has been calibrated correctly. I have good MV from my chrony (1084fps), so I just went with that.

Anywho, I deleted the cal DSF and bumped MV to 1110 with the CC and things lined up acceptably close out to 250. I would like to figure out what is happening with cal DSF if anybody can shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance

You are doing calibrations too close. You shouldn't need to do them every 25 yards.
@DocUSMCRetired What distance would you say is the minimum for 22lr? I put in the middle distances after using just 100 and 200, and the middle distances were off.

Ironically, after resetting to regular CC and tweaking MV, then reconfiguring back to the DSF above, I couldn't replicate the issue. Those kinds of things never pop up on the couch. It's always in the middle of a match!

@DocUSMCRetired What distance would you say is the minimum for 22lr? I put in the middle distances after using just 100 and 200, and the middle distances were off.

Ironically, after resetting to regular CC and tweaking MV, then reconfiguring back to the DSF above, I couldn't replicate the issue. Those kinds of things never pop up on the couch. It's always in the middle of a match!

I wouldn't think anything less than every 100 yards before 500.