• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DSF truing with 22 Rimfire

IMO, it’s the absolute best way to dope a .22.

I personally pick the furthest distance I expect to regularly shoot. Say, 350yds. I then get data for 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350.

Then use the DSF as directed here. I did this for my vudoo with current case of sk standard plus. I don’t think I’ve missed a target vertically for a year or so in monthly matches that go out to 350 or so.

4E22DC1E-1DBD-4E1E-91A7-577A3D45F9F4.jpeg

A few days ago, Eduardo Fontucuberta (the creator of the KO2M) posted this on Facebook regarding the Prince of 22LR match held in France a week ago, which I followed daily.

Special mention to Patagonia ballistics ColdBore solver as once I got my custom data right in my tests, by using its drag features I was dead on every shot. My fellow shooters were not so lucky with other solvers. It was the storm that killed me, not my POI predictions. I was writing a special post about 22LR ballistics but it will have to wait till i have some time, as it will be a long one.

Reactions: lash
A few days ago, Eduardo Fontucuberta (the creator of the KO2M) posted this on Facebook regarding the Prince of 22LR match held in France a week ago, which I followed daily.

Special mention to Patagonia ballistics ColdBore solver as once I got my custom data right in my tests, by using its drag features I was dead on every shot. My fellow shooters were not so lucky with other solvers. It was the storm that killed me, not my POI predictions. I was writing a special post about 22LR ballistics but it will have to wait till i have some time, as it will be a long one.
What does custom data mean? I use CB now to predict DOPE for the rimfire and it works well. I have laminated range cards to take with me. It isn't on my Kestrel though. Cards are static and that is why I asked about the Kestrel. CB on my NOMAD is a PITA. I have it but I don't really use it. I use my Kestrel

IMO, it’s the absolute best way to dope a .22.

I personally pick the furthest distance I expect to regularly shoot. Say, 350yds. I then get data for 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350.

Then use the DSF as directed here. I did this for my vudoo with current case of sk standard plus. I don’t think I’ve missed a target vertically for a year or so in monthly matches that go out to 350 or so.

View attachment 7442447
I will check this out. Thanks for the information

EDIT

I will try this out

Last edited:
What does custom data mean? I use CB now to predict DOPE for the rimfire and it works well. I have laminated range cards to take with me. It isn't on my Kestrel though. Cards are static and that is why I asked about the Kestrel. CB on my NOMAD is a PITA. I have it but I don't really use it. I use my Kestrel
I guess he meant the DC factor but you can ask him to be sure. I run CB on the Phone not on the Nomad anymore, but never had any trouble with it though. Anyway as soon as Genesis rolls out I'll move to Android.