• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DSR-1 available in us?

Re: DSR-1 available in us?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan17</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> As I think/believe a transaction from Canada to the US would not be that difficult. </div></div>

Importing a firearm into the US from Canada is just as difficult as importing from, say, Germany. It's all the same process, and I've been told it's a cold hard bitch for a private citizen to get it approved through ATF...

I have not had any problems importing firearms from Canada. The Shooting Edge will send it to a U.S. Importer. Then it will be shipped to your FFL dealer. The Shooting Edge will have a preferred U.S. Importer to send it through. Give them a call. They just might have a DSR-1 in house ready to ship.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't see a price on either sight, what are we looking at.</div></div>

How good is your german

these prices are back at the start of 07

DSR 1 incl. 2 Magazine, ohne Zweibein
Sport Long Range:
mit MwSt. (19%) ohne MwSt.

Kal. 308 Win. 7.270,00 € 6.109,24 €
Kal. 300 Win. Mag. 7.430,00 € 6.243,70 €
Kal. 338 Lapua Mag. 7.600,00 € 6.386,55 €
Subsonic Kal. 308 Win. 9.670,00 € 8.126,05 €

Ouch!!!

"We have just received a shipment of Tactical rifles (all black), but they have non blackened barrels. For you this means a Tactical rifle at a non tactical price! All rifles are new and the price now includes the spare magazine and bipod. Scope and mount seperate, we stock Hensoldt scopes for these rifles.
308 Win $11,300
300 Win Mag $11,850
338 LM $12,350 "

Quoted from above link....

Wonder how much more they want for the "tactical" version??

Why would you want one when the Desert Tactical SRS is coming out made in the USA at 1/3 to 1/4 the cost? And according to Frank it has a great trigger and the DSR-1 trigger is questionable by what I have read about it.

Jesus Bloody Christ! $11,300?? Makes me feel a lot better thinking about spending $2.5K on a new GAP...
wink.gif

You have to hold and shoot one than you will understand!!
The rifle is without a doubt in my mind the single best bolt action rifle ever made.
Accurate, ergonomics are awsome, multiple caliber in seconds.
The trigger is unreal and I never has a problem with it!!
Only down side on this is the weight ,it's hard to carry around in the field.
And I can see that's the advantage for the Desert Tactical SRS.I would like to try one someday!!

3 DT's or 1 DSR-1?
Hmmmmm......lemme see.

I'd be trying a DTS. If you don't like it, I bet it would sell here on the Hide......in a few seconds.
laugh.gif

I might even be the buyer.

I have not shot either yet, so Frank, Nick or Mike please join in here; but from reliable sources shooting the DSR-1 and Desert Tactical SRS in side by side comparisons the DT SRS performance more than matched and/or exceeded that of the DSR-1 at 1/3 the cost as noted above. Refer to the DT SRS 338 LM posts under this section for added details. I'm saving up for a DT SRS as soon as possible. regards, Dale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rafael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Still....11K?
laugh.gif
</div></div>
If you have a chance to try one ,you will know it worth every penny!!
wink.gif

I shot one and it was ok but can't see paying $10K for one. The DTA had a smoother action and the trigger is much better on the one I played with compared to the DSR. I'd get a DTA and a few caliber changes and still have $4000 in my pocket for a scope and ammo compared to just getting the DSR.

I would assume that is following such great German precision guns as...

PSG-1
WA2000
SR-100

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shot one and it was ok but can't see paying $10K for one. The DTA had a smoother action and the trigger is much better on the one I played with compared to the DSR. I'd get a DTA and a few caliber changes and still have $4000 in my pocket for a scope and ammo compared to just getting the DSR.</div></div>
For the price of DTA,you can't go wrong with it!!
May be I should just get one to try it!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would assume that is following such great German precision guns as...

PSG-1
WA2000
SR-100</div></div>
And the Mauser SR93!!

i need to go to the shop and check them out, they are located a few miles from me. i just havent gone casue i cant afford to even look at them
smile.gif

I greatly prefer the SRS, call me biased.
wink.gif
Seriously though, everyone who has done a side-by-side comparison between the SRS and DSR-1 greatly prefers the enhanced ergonomics of the SRS while handling and/or lying behind the rifle. They also note how much more solid the SRS feels over the DSR-1.

On a side note, I have personally had the sliding rail under the forearm on the DSR-1 accidently release on me three different times and cut my finger open two of those times, which left a sour taste in my mouth, it is a nice rifle just too many unnecessary gadgets and gizmos all over it that add weight to the rifle.

sr90 any likelihood of interchangable components between the SRS and the DSR ?

When does the SRS reach production status ?

I have time on both rifles. A good amount of time at that.

The Desert Tactical is my choice by far for a lot of reasons.

Jacob,
I appreciate the kind remarks.

Strife,
We have quite a few pre-orders, we are currently producing our first batch now, we have been working on it for almost two months. We are getting orders faster than we can make them right now, but we are working things out to more than double our production capacity. If you want one before next years shot show then you are going to have to get on the pre-order list. Also the prices on our website are pre-order prices and they will be increasing in the next few days.

Unfortunately the components of the SRS are not interchangeable with the DSR.

comparing the Desert Tactical with the DSR-1 is like comparing a Yugo and a Porsche. The original is almost always better than the copy.

no its more like comparing a corvette z06 to a ferrari, you'll go the same speed you just might pay three times as much to get there

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TomD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">comparing the Desert Tactical with the DSR-1 is like comparing a Yugo and a Porsche. The original is almost always better than the copy.</div></div>

So why don't you tell us the "whole" story...how in world did you dig up a damn near 2.5 year old thread
smile.gif
There is a much newer and way more detailed thread. Pretty sure its up to like 19 pages worth right now. But yet you dig this one up and attempt a talk smack when its pretty clear, you are what we refer to as clueless.

Do you have any time on either systems?

Thanks

TomD, your analogy indicates to me you either didnt read the first hand accounts above or your vast experience in Xbox is getting the better of you.