• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DSR-1 sniper rifle

jaeon

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2010
Has anyone ever used one of these. A friend of mine had one and it was an awesome piece of kit.
I'm told they are very hard to get hold off but i have found this one for sale. Not cheap but will last a life time.

***No linking to sales***

Re: DSR-1 sniper rifle

for the price i'd buy a DTA SRS, a AR, a Pistol, and a shotgun lol. too expensive for what you get. i'm sure they are nice but not for that money. to each their own man, if you have the cash.

ha ha neither. Looking to buy but not at this price. Even if they are rare.

Thank's big Joe

Pretty limited to what we can have over here in the UK. Unlike you lucky buggers ;-)

i have a DTA SRS. which is basically the same type of platform and can't say enough good things about em. Nick makes a KILLER gun, that is reliable, robust, and made in the US. if your looking for that type of firearm i would highly suggest desert tactical. definately easier for warranty issues too, if you have any.

Does he sell to the UK and do you have a link for me mate.

Big Joe

What sort of accuracy are you getting with the SRS? It looks a very nice piece of kit.

Hello Jaeon,

Please feel free to give me a call and I will organise for you to get behind a DTA SRS and you can try it out then make up your own mind.

I am more than happy for the rifle to stand on its own...

regards

Ewen

I have shot one and it was very accurate. There was something odd about the bolt throw though. It just felt "odd".

ewen

are you importing? how you finding geting stuff over here?
dave

The paperwork is tedious but a necessary evil to bring these systems to the UK.

If you would like, drop me an email and we can meet and i can show you why it's worth the effort.

Ewen

i actually like the bolt throw. and I have put 10 shot groups into 1.1" at 270 yards with this thing, it puts it right where you ask.

I find the DSR to be very sexy. The exclusivity makes it even more so. I'd probably give 10k for one, but the buy ins tend to be more than that...

one of each picked up my SRS in 300wm last night

fo8fz.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">one of each picked up my SRS in 300wm last night

</div></div>
Wow, very nice mate.

I'm a big fan of the SRS from Desert Tactical too. I've got one in 338 lapua mag and also a 12.7X48 barrel which I built for it. I have suppressors for both cals which make shooting more pleasant. Its worth looking at the newer Desert Tactical Covert as well. Its basically the SRS with a shorter handguard allowing a shorter barrel to be used. The switch barrel is outstanding and simple as well as very repeatable. I've not tried benchresting my rifle but in .338LM I've been able to shoot under an inch 5rds at 250yds reliably. The DSR is a nice rifle but the cost is so much higher that its worth considering options.

Frank

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">one of each picked up my SRS in 300wm last night

fo8fz.JPG
</div></div>

How do they compare to each other for accuracy, reliability, and functions?