• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dta 308

Fishkat

Aka Fishcricket
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Birmingham, Alabama
Had a little time this Sunday to load a few rounds for a DTA A1 with a new 308 barrel barrel. Since this is a new cartridge for me to load my goal was to start low and work up looking for any promising loads. Seems like I found one at 43.5gr. I only loaded one round at 45gr just to check for pressure signs and there wasn't. Thinking there must be another node somewhere between 44.5 to 45.5 or so and will play a little more. Anyway, Desert Tech, 308 Win, 22" barrel, Varget, 168 Hornady ELD Match, Fed 210, 0.020 jump. No muzzle velocity recorded because there is no exposed barrel to hook the magneto speed. Any suggestions on pet loads or you experience welcomed.

IMG_0643.JPG

You need the picatinny rail adapter for your magneto speed. Hooks perfectly to the DT.

I would do some load work up, I like 175 SMK using Varget with 44.7 grains and 43.7 as well

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Thanks Waveslayer, I didn't know about the rail adapter but going to check on that in a minute. I felt pretty stupid setting up at the range, got the Magneto Speed out and then look at the barrel, oh well. I had the 26" 6.5 barrel on it last week, just wasn't thinking. The 168's were freebies so I thought I'd use them up. Searching the 308 sticky it seems the 175 SMK's as you mentioned are one of the go to bullets. What about a hunting bullet, any suggestions? I usually use Berger VLD's with my 6.5 CM and 7 RM. but I'm open for suggestions.