• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing DTA barrel contour

roncar2008

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2011
Can someone please tell me what the diameter of the extension and 6" clamp area on a DTA barrel. Thanks for your time.

Here ya' go. Couldn't get it to work as a PDF for some reason.

Good luck.

C.

Attachments

• DTA STD CONTOUR.JPG
    DTA STD CONTOUR.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 314
Reactions: Average guy
Thanks for the help. Exactly what I was looking for "C" .

Are you doing Desert tech barrels now?

We've done a few. I've actually taken the time to model the barrel extension and run it through the 3D printer. If we had more demand for the work I'd put em into production. I guess its a chicken/egg thing. I had a small gaggle of barrel blanks made up that I've sat on for almost a year now. I literally just sent them back for contouring last week. Turning them into RV's instead.

If there's demand, I'll run a batch, but it's not worth investing any real time/money into for one or two.

We've done a few. I've actually taken the time to model the barrel extension and run it through the 3D printer. If we had more demand for the work I'd put em into production. I guess its a chicken/egg thing. I had a small gaggle of barrel blanks made up that I've sat on for almost a year now. I literally just sent them back for contouring last week. Turning them into RV's instead.

If there's demand, I'll run a batch, but it's not worth investing any real time/money into for one or two.

I don't blame you there, definitely not worth your time if you haven't had much interest in them. I knew you were talking about getting a rifle in the shop and figuring it out but never did hear any more about it.

Has anyone found barrel contours/companies that offer standard contours that you could use for Desert Tech rifles? It would be nice to be able to buy them off the shelf instead of doing a custom ordered contour.

For example: A Krieger heavy varmint (#17) states that the 1.250 diameter is 5" long.

How close they keep the barrels to the 1.250 diameter and is 5 inches long enough for the clamping area?

Darn, if I had know you had blanks ready to go I would have had my barrel spun up by you as my most recent barrel order took forever!

Reactions: Surferjoe
Hi,
Does anyone have a print of the Desert Tech Contour. I cannot read Chads as I cannot get it to enlarge.