• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DTA New Products & Shot Show Pics

Louis Corkern

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2005
AR, USA
www.thorgdg.com
Good Day Everyone,

Here are couple pictures of the new products that were debuted at SHOT SHOW that will be coming out this year from Desert Tactical Arms.

DTA_1.png

DTA_2.png

SHOTSHOW336.jpg

SHOTSHOW333.jpg

SHOTSHOW337.jpg

SHOTSHOW381.jpg

SHOTSHOW415.jpg

SHOTSHOW443.jpg

Thanks

Here is new bipod system that I think is going to make huge hit with the big gun crowd. Not DTA product but nonetheless it is great system.

SHOTSHOW343.jpg

Re: DTA New Products & Shot Show Pics

Fine looking bipod. I really like the principals and engineering. Definitely for the "big gum" crowd but none the less, very cool. Keep up the good work guys!

I'm very curious on the weight of the Stealth Hunter. I've thought many times of bringing my SRS into the woods and just said screw it because I was too lazy to hump it. The standard SRS chassis doesn't even weigh that much, it's the barrels. Looking at that pic, it looks like they are a much slimmer profile. I wonder how steep the trade off is for that weight in terms of accuracy.

Great work DTA

It looks like that new bipod sticks out in front of the end of the rail. I like the look of it, etc... and think it would be great on there with a 338 kit. However, would it work at all with the 308 conversion? Maybe someone at SHOT that saw it could answer.

WOW!!! DTA is really going all out on product development!! This should be an exciting year for new offerings from them.

I am interested in the ammo offerings...what calibers and loads are we likely to see?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayjaytuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone know the price and availability of the HTI 50bmg?</div></div>

This is supposed to be prices around $7100, and will be available 4th quarter this year.

Dave

These are the rounds that were on display, so it is not an all inclusive list (or completely accurate for that matter as I do not represent DTA). As it is in development, there are sure to be changes.

338 Lapua 250 and 300 smk ,
300 win mag 190 and 220 smk.
308 175 smk.
.408CT 419 gr. lathe turned
Probably be coming out with .50 cal stuff as well. I think there was a 750gr. AMAX round in the display.

Thanks, LiteTac.

I usually roll my own, but it is always good to see a new mfg making new ammo offerings. Lots to watch for from DTA this year!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cira</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm very curious on the weight of the Stealth Hunter.
Great work DTA</div></div>

Cira: I do not have the exact weights but yes it is lighter than the 22" barreled .308 SRS due to the slimmer profile barrel and the lighter weight forend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayjaytuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone know the price and availability of the HTI 50bmg?</div></div>

JJ: Approximately $7100 and 3rd-4th quarter this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Addicted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like that new bipod sticks out in front of the end of the rail. I like the look of it, etc... and think it would be great on there with a 338 kit. However, would it work at all with the 308 conversion? Maybe someone at SHOT that saw it could answer. </div></div>

Addicted: That bipod slides over barrel and connects to either top or bottom picatiny rail. That gentleman was just strolling around the show with it in his backpack when he stopped by. FYI he said he intends to make a scaled down version for the smaller rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW!!!
I am interested in the ammo offerings...what calibers and loads are we likely to see?</div></div>

Should see the following (but not set in stone yet)

.308 with SMK, Scenars, and solids
.338 with SMK, Scenars, and solids
.375 with solids
.408 with solids
.50 with solids and Amax

Also will have AP for 338, 375, 408 and 50

Thanks

Maybe instead of moving to Australia I should move to Utah instead
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patches</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just bought one. Damn your clever marketing, Later! </div></div>Post some pics and let us know how you like it.
I have been pricing one out thru George at Gunslingers... Should I get an AI or DT - uhmmm?

I just sent my SRS Chassis off to have the Mono-Pod installed. I think that should finish off this rifle system nicely and make a great precision rifle platform even better.

Later,

The Covert looks very interesting, but I had a couple of questions that weren't covered on your website (very nice redesign, by the way).

- Does the Covert threading use your standard 3/4 or 5/8? I ask because it appears to be a SF suppressor adapter pictured above. If so, is the SF adapter standard, and if so which one?

- Does the Covert allow barrel switching to 338 or other calibers, or is this model limited only to 308?

- Any idea on timing or release dates?

Cheers,
Lazlo

Another quick Covert question: without a can, does it still meet federal minimum rifle length requirements? From what I can tell it looks like it's maybe 28" OAL with brake?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazlo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
- Does the Covert allow barrel switching to 338 or other calibers, or is this model limited only to 308?
</div></div>

Lazlo, it looks like it says it will switch to 338LM/300 WIN in the poster.

Pretty sweet setup for sure. Would like to know anticipated release date as well.

DTA_2.png

Addicted,

Good catch on the poster, I agree it says 338 as well. Hopefully it comes standard with the SF 308 brake, and doesn't require a Class III for OAL.

PM me with your location in Upstate, SC. I just might know a private 300M range if you're interested.

Guys,

The Covert meets minimum guidelines in accordance with OAL for SBR criteria. It is NOT SBR!!

The question is still up in air IIRC on which QD suppressor system with be available. Could be couple different options..I just dont know yet.
The Covert pictured has the SF system on it as you mentioned, that is what I am going to run on my personal rifle
smile.gif

Thanks

Later-

Is the covert an SRS with a shorter handguard? How hard is it to remove the handguard? Do you see where I am going? If I have a 16" barrel made and I replace the handguard... one more option with this sweet setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post some pics and let us know how you like it.
I have been pricing one out thru George at Gunslingers... Should I get an AI or DT - uhmmm?</div></div>

Get the DTA.

Reasons: shorter
Designed and built in the USA
Great CS
super easy caliber changes
Fairly cheap caliber changes
Shoots off hand well for such a heavy rifle
I have one
the option to have a 27"ish 308 with a 16" barrel (I hope bc this would be a good deer gun for me.)

I've been searching for the old thread with detailed pics of the new SRS soft case to no avail. Does anyone know where it is or know of any pics besides the small one at the top of the thread?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Shoots off hand well for such a heavy rifle
</div></div>

How heavy?

Someone please put their .338 DTS SRS on the scale for me. I have heard that they are not quite as light as listed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superde</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone please put their .338 DTS SRS on the scale for me. I have heard that they are not quite as light as listed.</div></div>

Here you go..just as listed lol

SRS in 338LM with PR 5-25x, loaded magazine, CGG bipod and [censored] sling
img_1864.jpg

img_1865.jpg

SRS in 338LM with just scope base/rings and empty magazine
img_1866.jpg

img_1867.jpg

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superde</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone please put their .338 DTS SRS on the scale for me. I have heard that they are not quite as light as listed. </div></div>

Looks like you were mis-informed. Hard to believe, huh.

Later
Can you get a 308 with a longer barrel say 26" with the DT SRS system?

I'm not Later, but yes you can. I talked to Ethan there yesterday and it is my understanding that they have the 26inch .308 Krieger barrel conversions in stock. I went with the 22inch barrel, as if I need to reach out, then I will have the .338 for that reason.

Lmao. Censored. That's great

Thanks Later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Looks like you were mis-informed. Hard to believe, huh. </div></div>

Looks like it. I was talking to a former owner, so I was just checking before I spent $4,000+. Shorter and lighter is the key to my gunsafe this year.