• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dta SRS crack

mcflury

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2008
florida tampa
Just got out of college for summer break went to my FFL to pick up My brand new SRS and the did a quick inspection two cracks in the skins around the butt stock release any one else have this happen emailed DTA well see what they say wish me luck

Re: Dta SRS crack

My SRS came with one of the allen screws to the side plates missing. Called DT and they sent me about 4 different screws within the week.

I think my ffl takes the rifles out and inspects them when they arrive. Dunno if that is common practice or not but it makes sense in case UPS drives a forklift over it they can file a damage claim. Regardless DT are good people and should be able to take care of you.

Stripper?
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcflury</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got out of college for summer break went to my FFL to pick up My brand new SRS and the did a quick inspection two cracks in the skins around the butt stock release any one else have this happen emailed DTA well see what they say wish me luck </div></div>

College student who can't punctuate??? Money well spent...

Customer service from DTA is not ever going to be a concern for you. Pick up the phone and give Melissa a call. You'll be glad you did. The number is on their website.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BgBmBoo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate to break the new to you Rat...but Melissa has not worked for them in a awhile I was told. I wonder how many sales that is gonna cost them!?!?
</div></div>

Damn. That's a shame.

The thing to do would be to give them a shout first and allow them a chance to make things good. The mark of a man is not in his mistakes but in how he takes care of them.

Did the rifle ship in a hard case or cardboard box? I have seen UPS beat the crap out of packages. Was the rifle inspected when received and the damage noted? If so, DTA should be able to get the reimbursed if they had insurance on the package. How long have you had the rifle before you noticed the crack? I would get it taken care of ASAP adn I'm sure DTA will do a great job for you. If you would like you can PM Sr90 here on the hide. He owns the company.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_Lamz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">college student with a SRS?!! </div></div>

i own an hs precision htr and i am a college student too. the trick is to eat ramen bowls for breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday for two years
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcflury</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah working on engineering punctuation not required </div></div>

You're an idiot, I graduate with my mech-engineering and poli-sci degrees tomorrow night. Having gone through all of that has allowed me to believe that you are full of shit, and/or perhaps, just a drop-out/wannabe. Saying punctuation is not required is akin to saying math/physics are not required. You obviously are not even in the program because if you were you would know that you write just as many papers for labs as you do diff-eq problems.

Having gone through all that allows me ^to think

hahahaha couldn't resist

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having gone through all that allows me ^to think

hahahaha couldn't resist </div></div>

haha, I was kinda mad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcflury</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah working on engineering punctuation not required </div></div>

Please keep believing that. It helps with my job security.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcflury</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah working on engineering punctuation not required </div></div>

Please keep believing that. It helps with my job security.</div></div>

I thought you were a Keno runner...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcflury</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah working on engineering punctuation not required </div></div>

You're an idiot, I graduate with my mech-engineering and poli-sci degrees tomorrow night. Having gone through all of that has allowed me to believe that you are full of shit, and/or perhaps, just a drop-out/wannabe. Saying punctuation is not required is akin to saying math/physics are not required. You obviously are not even in the program because if you were you would know that you write just as many papers for labs as you do diff-eq problems. </div></div>

McFlury...sorry in advance for shitting in your thread

Shot...keep shooting in the dark buddy. What's up with the name-calling / bashing? Stop trying to inflate yourself by coming on this board advertising your two degrees...one which is worth shit, and the other is "B"ull "S"hit. Come back once you've applied them and can offer some sage advice for the young man. There are many paths that engineers can take where punctuation doesn't matter "much"....and there are other paths where it may become critical. Hell, he could start a business and hire a damn admin to worry about punctuation. Strange how most engineering programs don't emphasize the liberal arts...wonder why that is. They must be idiots.

Writing papers for labs...that's funny bro. Graded by who, the Chinese TA who's working on his Post-Doc? ROFL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ishikawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcflury</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah working on engineering punctuation not required </div></div>

You're an idiot, I graduate with my mech-engineering and poli-sci degrees tomorrow night. Having gone through all of that has allowed me to believe that you are full of shit, and/or perhaps, just a drop-out/wannabe. Saying punctuation is not required is akin to saying math/physics are not required. You obviously are not even in the program because if you were you would know that you write just as many papers for labs as you do diff-eq problems. </div></div>

McFlury...sorry in advance for shitting in your thread

Shot...keep shooting in the dark buddy. What's up with the name-calling / bashing? Stop trying to inflate yourself by coming on this board advertising your two degrees...one which is worth shit, and the other is "B"ull "S"hit. Come back once you've applied them and can offer some sage advice for the young man. There are many paths that engineers can take where punctuation doesn't matter "much"....and there are other paths where it may become critical. Hell, he could start a business and hire a damn admin to worry about punctuation. Strange how most engineering programs don't emphasize the liberal arts...wonder why that is. They must be idiots.

Writing papers for labs...that's funny bro. Graded by who, the Chinese TA who's working on his Post-Doc? ROFL.
</div></div>

Not sure about the Chinese TA comment but if you knew anything about any engineering program you would also know that writing labs is a major portion of an engineering curriculum...

I think the OP can fight his own battles, but you're welcome to continue your clueless, yet heroic rescue via PM.

-Unsubscribed

Well the punctuation thing was just a joke. Its funny how these threads progress. I assure you i am in an electrical engineering program. Not like its something prestigious. I am in my junior year and really nobody gives a crap about punctuation seriously. Also I am on the post 911 GI Bill and live in New York so if you know anything about this benefit you can see how i have a dts Srs.

Zinny
where in new york are you

shot in the dark
If your going to call someone an idiot for punctuation you should probably proof read your posts. Also I am sorry you got so mad at reading my posts you should probably see a doctor

One alast thing since my integrity has come into question I was an ET1 Navy Nuclear Engineer onboard the USS Alaska 732 B Currently on the post 911 GI Bill and its fuckin sweet

take it easy guys...I dont think I can even spell right..in fact my grad school owes me money for all the classes i skipped!!

I had an issue with the finish on my SRS 338LM barrel. Let's just say customer service wasn't their first priority in my case.

i live on Long island, longest range we have is 300 yrds and its only open for two hours every saturday, really sucks hard. why do you ask?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Freddy J</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had an issue with the finish on my SRS 338LM barrel. Let's just say customer service wasn't their first priority in my case. </div></div>

Freddy - Please expand, for everyone's benefit.

ShIT Dark - I want to publicly apologize for the Chinese comment, I should have said "Chinese national" or referenced an individual whose primary language is not English. Congrats on your hard earned graduation...you <span style="font-style: italic">deserve</span> it. It is obvious you have a promising future ahead of you, and I wish you the best in achieving your goals.

McFlury - Thank you for your service. I'm proud to see that you're using your GIBill to the fullest! Finally, a program that helped someone.

mcflury said:
yeah working on engineering punctuation not required [/quote

I respectfully disagree with you on that. I would suggest you improve your writing skills now in school instead of your first year out of school. Your bank account will thank you.

I hope you enjoy your rifle. Good friend has one in 338 and it is badass!

Let's get back to the subject at hand here. The "working on engineering punctuation not required" comment was clearly a joke so everyone can just take two steps back, take a deep breath and chill out. The OP has a problem with his RIFLE. While I still don't understand why he felt compelled to advertise it before allowing the company to make things right he felt the need to say something. Somehow this thread has taken a nasty digression towards a pissing contest about spelling and who has what degree. I would suggest contributing something constructive to the thread and topic posted or stay the hell out of the thread.

To the OP; like I said previously, get in touch with the manufacturer and see what happens.

Well it looks like DTA is going to take care of me, they said they are going to send out replacements. I will update when they get here.

good to hear, i am planning on getting a SRS soon myself

SpaceG,

Where did you have your SRS sent in Austin? I'm thinking to have mine sent to either Eagle Peak or Sportsman's Finest. Since I'm getting my scope at the latter, probably there. Plus, August at SF seems to really know what he's talking about.

As a side note, I'm totally stoked that they're building a 1000yard range in Liberty Hill...

Got the skins in the mail today really happy with DTA's customer service they didnt even bother me with sending the old cracked skins back. Might start thinking about a HTI. So deal with DtA with confidence they will take care of you.

I'm a MEEN major and no, writing is NOT emphasized in my program. There have been very few students I have worked with who are even decent writers. We write a lot for labs, but grading emphasizes content, not quality of writing. Regardless, the whole "discussion" was childish.